LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just remember that if you use a set of 08+ WRX coilovers, you'll have to use your stock front tophats. They'll fit on the KW, but I don't know the sizes on Tein/H&R/etc. I'm using OEM tophats front and rear with my RCET2 (KWv3)

A little confused now...are you guys saying that I can put 08 WRX coilovers on my 2013 legacy 2.5i and just need to use the stock front "tophats"?!?!?!

Is a tophat the same as a strut mount?

And, is that all that is needed and I'd have a direct fit???

And, if so, what is the additional or lessened lowering compared to a WRX???

Thanks in advance.

Also, may we have all the "correct" and valuable information in the first post on page 1 so we don't have to hunt and filter?

Edited by fredrik94087
more info

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Here's my gathering from reading this "sticky"

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen

2004--->up Brembo FRONT caliper

2004--->STi Front Rotor

2008--->up Brembo REAR caliper

2008--->up rotors will need a kit. KNSbrakes sells them as of this post, but not sure if Fred beans sells them.

# These Brackets allow you to mount Gold Rear Brembo Caliper (04-07 STi) or Black Rear Brembo Caliper (07 Limited STi) or Red Rear 2 pot Caliper (06-07 WRX) on to your 2010 - Up - Subaru Legacy

Any 2004 STI wheel

2008-2012 WRX rotors and brake pads are direct fit according to RCE.

Checked 2011 Legacy 2.5i rotors and brake pads are same product number as the 2008 WRX so it looks like the 2008 and up WRX or 2011 Legacy rotors and pads

RCE black springs...40k miles on OEM struts. Review is that it is not harsh and it is the way it should have been.

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

A little confused now...are you guys saying that I can put 08 WRX coilovers on my 2013 legacy 2.5i and just need to use the stock front "tophats"?!?!?!

Is a tophat the same as a strut mount?

And, is that all that is needed and I'd have a direct fit???

And, if so, what is the additional or lessened lowering compared to a WRX???

Thanks in advance.

Also, may we have all the "correct" and valuable information in the first post on page 1 so we don't have to hunt and filter?

I don't think anyone has done it with a 2013. Assuming nothing has changed then yes. A tophat is the same as a strut mount.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's my gathering from reading this "sticky"

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen

2004--->up Brembo FRONT caliper

2004--->STi Front Rotor

2008--->up Brembo REAR caliper

2008--->up rotors will need a kit. KNSbrakes sells them as of this post, but not sure if Fred beans sells them.

# These Brackets allow you to mount Gold Rear Brembo Caliper (04-07 STi) or Black Rear Brembo Caliper (07 Limited STi) or Red Rear 2 pot Caliper (06-07 WRX) on to your 2010 - Up - Subaru Legacy

Any 2004 STI wheel

2008-2012 WRX rotors and brake pads are direct fit according to RCE.

Checked 2011 Legacy 2.5i rotors and brake pads are same product number as the 2008 WRX so it looks like the 2008 and up WRX or 2011 Legacy rotors and pads

RCE black springs...40k miles on OEM struts. Review is that it is not harsh and it is the way it should have been.

Sorry for the total Noob questions but if I'm reading correctly 2011 Sti Front and Rear Brembo's will fit our cars.

Would you need to get new rotors?

Reason I ask is I saw a complete set of Brembo takeoffs from a 2011 STI with 27k. Includes installed brake pads and calipers for $1600. Not sure if this is even good price or what else I would need to get to make them work?

^^STi lug bolt pattern is 5x114, and our cars are 5x100, so if that includes rotors, you won't be able to use them unless you get them re-drilled to our pattern. KNS Brakes and some other vendors have STi Brembo rotors that are drilled for 5x100.

Otherwise, the calipers you are looking at will bolt right up.

Edited by GTEASER

• 2 weeks later...

JDM headlight (Right-Hand Drive) would be illegal here in the US because of how they are aimed (for approaching traffic on the right).

Other than that, fitment should be identical, but JDM lights were blacked out and ours were all chrome, gobs of it....:redface:

From my research on brake rotors, here is what I have concluded.

05-09 Legacy GT front rotors and front brake pads will fit 2010+ Legacy GT front rotors and front brake pads.

As for the rear rotors, it is unique so far from what I have seen.

JDM headlight (Right-Hand Drive) would be illegal here in the US because of how they are aimed (for approaching traffic on the right).

Other than that, fitment should be identical, but JDM lights were blacked out and ours were all chrome, gobs of it....:redface:

errr....Japan = UK => LHD.

If You would want to install a JDM-looking headlight that's useable on RHD traffic You would need to opt for "EDM" = Euro-version. Just my 2cent.

PS: The standard "EURO-version" is all chrome incl. the side-markers (USDM are orange). The only orange is the "winker" :redface:, or indicator if You like, which is an orange bulb behind a clear, refracted glass => what we call "fried eggs look" :lol:

P1000980.thumb.jpg.8f8265d90eaf44238a74822faad2385f.jpg

Edited by michelino1968

...second PS: In Germany they also sold a version with partially blacked-out sections, see the foto.

So YES there are also partially blacked-out versions for RHD.

the question now is, will it work in my car bahahaha! I kind of like the idea of the headlights partially blacked-out like the JDM design. I wonder how much it will cost order it.

the question now is, will it work in my car bahahaha! I kind of like the idea of the headlights partially blacked-out like the JDM design. I wonder how much it will cost order it.

A part the dimensional question, keep in mind that ALL Euro models have HID's plus washer units in the bumper (legally compulsory), while USDM has Halogen bulbs without washer unit.

Lamp washing works for some 1-2 seconds while You tear the left stick at the driving wheel for windscreen washing, but I don't know if the control unit is the same as without HID washing units.

So - even in case dimensions were compatibile - You still would have to go for a rather large swap (full lamp housings + HIDs, new bumper, washer units + evtl. control unit/s).

And that would surely be pricey, I suppose.

I don't see why he'd have to do the whole washer/bumper swap unless the washer is actually built into the headlight...

Because if he does only change the lamp+HID unit the car becomes "illegal road condition" all around Europe, means:

- You lose insurance coverage, in case You are involved in an accident You will be held responsible privately and pay all damage (Yours if You didn't cause the accident, Yours + third party if instead You did, even partially)

- in a police control they will impound the vehicle, You go home by foot/train and then have 30 days to re-condition the car and re-pass official technical inspection

- same for a revision (every 3 years), You don't pass and have 30 days to re-present Your car in legal road condition

Not really a joke to play around with imho...just saying.

Because if he does only change the lamp+HID unit the car becomes "illegal road condition" all around Europe, means:

- You lose insurance coverage, in case You are involved in an accident You will be held responsible privately and pay all damage (Yours if You didn't cause the accident, Yours + third party if instead You did, even partially)

- in a police control they will impound the vehicle, You go home by foot/train and then have 30 days to re-condition the car and re-pass official technical inspection

- same for a revision (every 3 years), You don't pass and have 30 days to re-present Your car in legal road condition

I also fall under the SOFA agreement so as I have to follow European laws I also have exemptions. I.E what you hve to follow for European spec, i do not have to follow

Stoptech 328x28 BBKST-40*

Stopteck 328x28 Slotted rotors (5x100)

could anyone confirm fitment for this above??? Originally wouldve been for 02-07wrx

That will fit your hubs and knuckles but you might have to bend the dust shields out of the way, and your stock wheels may not clear the calipers.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

If you're in Italy sure, but the majority of the people on this forum are talking about USDM cars and none of that applies to us. 13FLGT's location might say Italy, but he's got a USDM car and I'm pretty sure if they let him bring a USDM car over, then it only has to follow USDM regulations. The military can get away with things like that. ;)

If you're in Italy sure, but the majority of the people on this forum are talking about USDM cars and none of that applies to us. 13FLGT's location might say Italy, but he's got a USDM car and I'm pretty sure if they let him bring a USDM car over, then it only has to follow USDM regulations. The military can get away with things like that. ;)

Sure, European laws apply to people living here...in fact the US laws are much less stringent regarding tuning than they are here.

13LGT actually IS in Italy (serving the US Military), that's why I pointed out what our laws over here are like.

I wouldn't be so sure about the fact that a military "can get away with things like that" - I'm an ex-AF officer - as long as he's here he will probably have to stick to a certain amount of local laws, too.

In the end it's obviously up to everybody to check for himself what he can/wants to do, gathering the necessary information BEFORE going ahead with modifications.

Sure, European laws apply to people living here...in fact the US laws are much less stringent regarding tuning than they are here.

13LGT actually IS in Italy (serving the US Military), that's why I pointed out what our laws over here are like.

I wouldn't be so sure about the fact that a military "can get away with things like that" - I'm an ex-AF officer - as long as he's here he will probably have to stick to a certain amount of local laws, too.

In the end it's obviously up to everybody to check for himself what he can/wants to do, gathering the necessary information BEFORE going ahead with modifications.

the only laws I actually have to follow are the inspection regulations. When it comes to modification of my vehicle i.e tuning, I do not have to follow Italian laws. In the end, majority of us leave this duty station and return home stateside. It's the same thing with window tinting. I do not have to follow Italian tinting laws. I can have my vehicle tinted to USDM Specs and I "WILL NOT" get in trouble with the local Italian laws.