LegacyGT.com

Front Lip Spoiler Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The aggressive one actually holds itself on rather easily, I just now opened my packaging and am pretty impressed with the quality. Fitted like a glove, one idea I've been pondering is to color match the parts that flair outwards and then leave the center portion to be flat black. What do you guys think?

So I'm stuck in a similar way to have some black accent on the front and side.

^^Rest assured that many of us are jealous of the '13 front end.

The grill and the way it's designed is ugly and expensive to modify.

The new front bumper looks like it was molded by a 6 year old Japanese kid out of Playdoh.

I do like the headlights.

I wish they would just give us the freaking JDM parts. You think they would do that since it must be cheaper to design 1 part.

So...um....the front lip I got (the smaller one) doesn't fit even though others of you have managed to put it on. What gives? ; ;

I had the same concern as you, then I asked for some install tips.

It took some effort to get the look I wanted. Took me about 1.5 hours going slowly. Attach the ends first, then the one screw in the middle, then work your way inwards from the ends.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4265808&postcount=144

Edited by faded-a-fool

So...um....the front lip I got (the smaller one) doesn't fit even though others of you have managed to put it on. What gives? ; ;

How did it go? Have you done it yet?

It helps to start at the ends, and also to do it when its a little warmer out. I had a heater in my garage and I moved the heater along the lip as I worked my way from the end to the middle. Took about 1 hour by myself. And duct tape is your friend. If you have an actual person friend to help, it will go faster.

PM me if you need any additional help.

^^That was probably wiser. I put the heater too close to the duct tape and I still haven't gotten around to cleaning the sticky mess off the bumper cover....LOL.

use lighter fluid to take off the adhesive. works pretty good, and won't damage the paint.

^^Thanks. I typically use Goo Gone for stuff like that (not as flammable), and then clean the residue off with rubbing alcohol. Naptha is nasty stuff, but it sure smells good. Makes me miss my Zippo lighter, but I don't smoke anymore, and I don't miss that.

How did it go? Have you done it yet?

It helps to start at the ends, and also to do it when its a little warmer out. I had a heater in my garage and I moved the heater along the lip as I worked my way from the end to the middle. Took about 1 hour by myself. And duct tape is your friend. If you have an actual person friend to help, it will go faster.

PM me if you need any additional help.

I started at the middle and tried going back, thinking that I would be able to easily pull the ends together. The lip didn't seem to have the right form...as if it was made wider than the fender. The pictures were with the middle held in place with painter's tape while the ends rested there. If I tried to bend the ends to their place, the middle moved away from where I expected it to line up.

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/kaijubei/2012%20LGT/20130203_003720_zps9b5fe758.jpg

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/kaijubei/2012%20LGT/20130203_003743_zps9741eb47.jpg

(ignore the toes, my photography skills are lacking)

So I started at the ends, and I did my best to pull the lip as far forward as possible so that the middle part would line up. It came within 1/2 inch of lining up...

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/kaijubei/2012%20LGT/20130203_011108_zps0c8240c4.jpg

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/kaijubei/2012%20LGT/20130203_025827_zpsefc9eae8.jpg

It's kinda meh...but holes are drilled, its installed, and it was fairly cheap. I also added a "skirt" to it. No pictures of that yet, though. I'll get a picture posted after my bumper cover is reinstalled later this week or next. Maybe I'll like it more when its installed. ;)

I think you got it pretty much right. Nice job!!

It doesn't quite line up where it "looks" like it should along the front, but it does fit well once attached. You have to kinda stretch the polyurethane tight as you go from the end toward the middle, checking that it is even on both sides as you go.

Polish that bumper cover before you put it back on...it is the first line of defense against high gas mileage.. ;-)

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.