LegacyGT.com

Custom-made Sport Grill: S402 Replica Walkthrough ('05-'07 Legacy)

nospmoht04

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nospmoht04,

That grille is VERY nicely done. Like how you've mentioned in earlier posts, it's made by a member here who's come across a lot of feedback from other members with similar tastes.

Having said that, what's the turn-around time should one send you their OEM grille and the $120? does the $120 include you shipping the completed grille back to their respective owners? Thanks for the reply.

Turnaround would be the shipping time plus about a week for construction and paint drying, then shipping time back to you. The price wouldn't include shipping. Between the time spent and using quality material it's a good value. If you're into the look, you will absolutely love it. I did when I made mine.

So far in order I've got:

1. .:Catalyst:.

2. Screamin

3. 12sechatch

who are definites. If you're interested I'll add you to the list in order to keep it fair. I'll also be looking for oem grills in the meantime so may end up having near completed or completed ones that I'll be able to send you in a shorter time than a week.

Any way to put the grille material on the front to give a flush look, similar to the S402 we all waited for, but never received?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Any way to put the grille material on the front to give a flush look, similar to the S402 we all waited for, but never received?

I don't see why not. I'll look into it and figure something out. I'll get back to you guys.

Ok I've got a good idea for this. It'll no doubt take me a bit longer and ill have to use more material to attach and blend behind the mesh but I'm confident it'll look really good. I just need some stockers to work with. I'll get one made whenever I can find them and I'll get some pics up.

What kind of mesh are you guys wanting? Honeycomb or what you see on the one I just made?

I would prefer honeycomb. I think it gives it a more "substantial" look, instead of a completely "vacated space" look.

Ok are you wanting the S402 flush look or the recessed look like the last one? S402 will be made and pics posted before I make it official but seeing its a totally separate project taking more time and using more material it'll end up costing a bit more. I'll figure that out once the first one is made.

Sounds good - if there's a bit more cost involved for different materials and/or time let me know. OEM should be headed out tomorrow.

Sounds good.

Yeah I need to look into the honeycomb, not sure the cost on it just yet. Do you want the same style as the one you were about to buy, just honeycomb instead?

Hm ok I feel ya. That looks plastic. Are you wanting plastic or metal? Also with it having such thickness, if it's plastic or even metal I wont be able to form/bend it so it bows out to match the contour of the car. Do you want it flat and straight coming from top to bottom? I was thinking if it were thin enough I can make a form so I can bend the mesh around it and create a bubbling out effect. Thoughts?

I'll have to see what my mesh options are and take it from there.

Plastic would be fine. I understand in regards to whether or not it's a flat surface or convex. If you find some options let's discuss. I'm not opposed to it being flat (although closer to the front edge of the grill than the standard mesh you did - similar to the picture referenced). If a mold and some heat allowed to bow it a bit that would be great. I know that some guys use the Crown Vic honeycomb for DIY grills (has a spot for the emblem as well) and that may be a viable material to use.

Seeing your craftsmanship and attention to detail, I trust in your judgement of what will work best, and will compensate you for your time and material needs. Happy to help promote your homebrew vendor status as well with plenty of pictures installed :)