LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have confirmed it's not an issue with the cable going from the female aux to the iPhone by using a different cable as well as listening to the same podcast in my wife's Forester with the factory. In her car it sounds just fine.

If its not the cable that plugs into the board then I don't know what else it could be

@fishbone: I really don't know what's going on there... You are saying that the music sounds good, but not spoken word??? Is it the same source for both?

@Scuba: Does everything else is working fine? Maybe the output level of the audio source is not high enough.

@fishbone: I really don't know what's going on there... You are saying that the music sounds good, but not spoken word??? Is it the same source for both?

Correct. However, even with music, some songs I am very familiar with, some tones/channels are faint. Hard to describe but for the Tron Legacy intro for example, the first two notes that the score opens with are very faint.

The CD works and sounds great, so does the radio, just as before, no change whatsoever. I feel that this way I have eliminated the possibility of the board being faulty or a bad ribbon connection so it comes down to the aux cable coming from the board. Is my reasoning correct?

I ordered this from you like a year ago but only now had a chance to hook it up :)

Everything else works fine it's just the auto mode that doesn't work. The audio source level isn't the problem, it still doesn't work when it's cranked all the way up. I tested it with the same audio source that I use everyday in my lgt.

Got it fixed. As I expected the aux jack was soldered incorrectly to the wire. I ordered a PAC IS335 like another member did and it works great. Only complaint is that the aux plug is prone to coming out of the hole but I zip-tied it on the other side so it's nice and tight.

Everything is working great so far.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that, RedFloyd, you are the man for coming out with this solution. I still can't believe how well it integrated and works.

I am now using my iphone daily and listening to podcasts etc.

Next I am considering purchasing a Bluetooth adapter for a hands-free solution. This one looks promising:

http://amzn.com/B004KPLS7K

Compact and high quality.

Nice thing is the car cuts power to the plug when the ignition is off so the adapter can just be left in.

Edited by fishbone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if there's a good walkthrough somewhere for removing the center console/trim pieces (basically from the radio back)? I've found ones for removing the radio itself, but can't seem to find a reliable one for removing the other pieces (for installing wiring back to the switch and iPod adapter cord). Getting this for Christmas, and I want to get ready for the install later this week. :) Thanks!

1st pic is the switch location , 2nd is the female connector i installed in the centor arm rest console , 3 is the awesome kit

IMAG0379.thumb.jpg.7df590314cc753782c64319ca1a37abe.jpg

IMAG0380.thumb.jpg.0621d2984b383b1b1ac001b05b4fdb78.jpg

IMAG0378.thumb.jpg.0ff488a62c5319b524c7b46156db2e10.jpg

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Anyone know if there's a good walkthrough somewhere for removing the center console/trim pieces (basically from the radio back)? I've found ones for removing the radio itself, but can't seem to find a reliable one for removing the other pieces (for installing wiring back to the switch and iPod adapter cord). Getting this for Christmas, and I want to get ready for the install later this week. :) Thanks!

Download "Legacy/Outback Install Instructions" here:

http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=47&osCsid=ji5heu0qcs1ifgtqm13berakk5

Install is finished, and everything works great!! Definitely impressed with the design and and hardware in this mod. In my opinion, way easier than using a blank CD. My install is pretty much identical to angeltalin's in switch and audio placement. Works as advertised, with no problems to speak of.

The most difficult part was actually finding the 20mm drill bit. Went to 5 different stores, not a one carried any metric bits. Ended up using a 3/4" bit, then using a small sander to widen the hole. Not perfect or as clean as I would like it, but can't tell with the switch in, and it's tight, not going anywhere. And I must admit, it is a little intimidating removing that much of the interior and disassembling the radio (might have payed a guy to solder the wire... figured it was worth it to avoid destroying my radio), but it went back together with no problems whatsoever!

Thanks to RedFloyd for a great product, and thanks to everybody on here for the advice and ideas.

I finally made a decision to order this instead of the $1k for the JDM kit + double din stereo; hopefully I won't regret my decision. I am excited to get it and install. Thanks for the creation.

On a side note, what type/brand of soldering iron do people use to install? My cheapo harbor freight one no longer heats well enough to trust it. Thanks.

i got mine from harbor freight just a basic soldering iron
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap