LegacyGT.com

My 2010 Legacy GT Accessory/Mod Tracker

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^They probably already have huge turbos, I assume most are diesel. My chevy pickup came from the factory with a GT35 on it! Exhaust intake and chip was about +150whp/+300ft/lbs :lol:

Accessport for UPS trucks=profit?

Diesel powaaaah

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

While the 50/50 is a cool concept I still don't know if it's a good idea with a MAF. You are still going to screw with the fueling with 50% of the air being ejected from the system. You are planning to go visit a protuner after you install it right? You aren't SD tuning it are you?

I think I may buy the 34mm diverter valve version in the spring time.

TS-0203-1223

I installed mine as a full recirc as well. A blank off port plate is included with the BOV.

As Bliz stated, once the volume of air is measured by the Mass Air Flow Sensor in the intake, the ECU adjusts for the proper fuel mixture. If you dump off some of that air using a BOV, now you have a momentary lean condition which can cause backfires, etc...

If the same BOV is configured for full recirc as a BPV, you don't have that issue since all the air has been accounted for in the fuel trims, as it passes thru the engine.

Also, due to the location and orientation of the BPV on the 5th Gen LGT, if you were to run this BOV as a 50/50, the open port would be facing upward, exposing the slide piston to the elements ... (i.e., maintenance issues).

Since a 50/50 BOV setup does not provide any performance gains, it's a matter of how badly you want to hear the air vent, and willingness to deal with the associated problems that come with it.

Here's some good info related to the use of BOV's and BPV's:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/technical-info-bov-bpv-set-up-and-operation-150687.html

That Turbosmart can do full recirc if he wants.

Oh I know, just seems pointless to spend $70 extra dollars if you just plan to run in resirc unless someone plans to go SD like you.

I installed mine as a full recirc as well. A blank off port plate is included with the BOV.

As Bliz stated, once the volume of air is measured by the Mass Air Flow Sensor in the intake, the ECU adjusts for the proper fuel mixture. If you dump off some of that air using a BOV, now you have a momentary lean condition which can cause backfires, etc...

If the same BOV is configured for full recirc as a BPV, you don't have that issue since all the air has been accounted for in the fuel trims, as it passes thru the engine.

Also, due to the location and orientation of the BPV on the 5th Gen LGT, if you were to run this BOV as a 50/50, the open port would be facing upward, exposing the slide piston to the elements ... (i.e., maintenance issues).

Since a 50/50 BOV setup does not provide any performance gains, it's a matter of how badly you want to hear the air vent, and willingness to deal with the associated problems that come with it.

Here's some good info related to the use of BOV's and BPV's:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/technical-info-bov-bpv-set-up-and-operation-150687.html

Yeah this is what I was getting at.

Oh I know, just seems pointless to spend $70 extra dollars if you just plan to run in resirc unless someone plans to go SD like you.

I'm planning to get tuned at IAG (who will be installing this, the turbo, injectors, etc. all at the same time). I want to give the turner as many parameters to play with as possible in hopes of getting maximum POWA!:wub:

NGK 2309 (LFR7AIX) Plugs and TurboSmart 34mm BPV

So the recommended plug is

Iridium IX LFR6AIX-11

Stock num 6619

Gap .032

So looking at some info tying to learn..... And so the 2309s are one grade colder.

5th gen stock turbo pushes >75hp down low but is pathetic above 4k. TMIC adds about 20HP. This does not seem to warrant colder plugs.

Say above 75-100 hp from stock is a general guide to go one step cooler. What are to guidelines to go to colder plugs as a precautionary measure to keep combustion chamber temps within range, as to not pull timing to prevent detination and engine failure?

Also are the colder gapped any different than .032?

Thanks!!

So the recommended plug is

Iridium IX LFR6AIX-11

Stock num 6619

Gap .032

I just asked Bopper what he was running and bought the same ones. :lol:

These will go in at the same time as the 20G.

Here's what I've ordered so far or have in hand:

RacerX TMIC

NGK Plugs

Crawford AOS

ID 1000cc Injectors

DW300

Turbosmart 34mm BOV

Silicone Lines/Stainless Clamps

ebay front lip (worth at least 5hp)

To Do:

BNR 20G (Calling on Monday)

Order EBC

Order + Fab intake

Figure out Turbo Blanket/Heat Wrap

Finalize who is going to tune me

Get everything installed ;)

Other suggestions?

I've decided to get everything running smooth on pump gas and see what explodes before deciding on an e85 tune.

Edited by acumenhokie

• 2 weeks later...
If you haven't already ... It's time to add WeatherTech floor mats to your mod list. :eek::lol::lol: ;)

I have the Subaru all weather mats (have weather tech in the forester). I make the Subaru earn its brand in the winter. Washes and vacuums are few and far between.

AP Holder install. The 5 minute ghetto fab version.

When I installed it I never actually got in the car seat. When I eventually did I found that it was right behind the steering wheel. Ended up mounting it the same location but all the way to the left side of the vent. Only other change was making the wire wrap up and around b/c the way it came out in the second picture it was too tight a bend once moved to the left side of the vent.