LegacyGT.com

The STI bbs thread

lawl

04 Sti BBS (the only year STI that has a lug pattern that fits our cars):

Hope this helps some people. I'm going to keep updating this first post with user input so it'd be like a mini wiki or something. Please post pictures of your car with your BBS, if you have them and state what kind of suspension and drop you have.

I'm throwing this up for reference for those looking to get them. Would have been helpful when I was buying them. (I might have not have gotten them in my particular color if I had seen what they'd look like)

* denotes a subjective point

Pros:

Lightweight - at 16-17 pounds it doesn't get much lighter than this. Differences are drastic in comparison to 22 pound rotas

Forged - the way to go if you need strength and less weight

Cost effective - depending your deal. I was watching them on nasioc for awhile and it seems the normal price is around 800 for wheels alone, in 7/10-9/10 condition.

Fairly common- there are usually 2-3 sets on sale at nasioc at any given time

Brand snobbery - Everyone knows that BBS is not an el cheapo manufacturer. evidenced by going on tire rack and pricing out a set of BBS wheels. yikes.

Fitment- Fits brembos and therefore most of the other BBKs. Friendly offset. No rolling fenders, no insane camber angles.

Tire costs- Those fitting BBKs will see that it is easier to find an 18 inch wheel that fits than 17s. 17" tires are considerably cheaper than 18"s. Good for those constantly changing tires.

Cons:

Looks boring*- Every stock STI has them. 4 years of STIs is a lot of cars. Also on a big car like ours 17s look somewhat small.

Only 7.5" wide- Per the wheel fitment sticky, the widest tire you can fit on this is 225s. On the track every little bit of tire helps.

A PITA to clean*- many spokes, many weird crevices you cant reach with a regular wheel brush and many wheel cleaners dont like aluminum, which is what the bbs are made with. However if you are a masochist and enjoy spending hours on 1 wheel, you will have a field day with these.

2 Colors Only*- Silver or Gold. If you have a silver car like mine the only option is silver. and then it looks stock.

Availability- Yes they are fairly common, but usually not local, unless you happen to live in southern california. People are generally more hesitant to ship wheels.

Edited by lawl
car for sale. PM me!

aaand quick personal review

Bought these for track wheels. they're light, fit brembos and take 17 inch tires. (Way cheaper in the long run). I had tarmac3s before this and the difference in handling and even just acceleration is pretty amazing.

Car definitely feels lighter on its feet. feels way more responsive. Dont know what the conversion factor is but I felt as if I lost the weight of a light passenger.

Only thing i regret about getting these is I cant fit a wider tire. my car definitely feels like it needs more than the 225s I have. I could be wrong as I am a noob, but if my hunch is correct I will likely trade these for enkei RPF1s for track duty. those can be had new for a little more than used BBS.

car for sale. PM me!

I would rock a set. your car looks solid, lawl.

thanks!

if i didnt have a silver car i'd be happier with the color choices... probably enough to use them as daily drivers/showoff rims.

car for sale. PM me!

Running my BBS with my snows in 225/40/17 Dunlop M3's!

• Like the fact they fit over my Brembos
  • thinking about painting black?
  • good solid winter wheel
  • Ohlins with ION's (JDM-front/HD/rear)
  • agree with all of your comments above!

J

ThuleBox5.thumb.jpg.5b4ae865ffbd75d9a106711b8a4b9c54.jpg

742751809_DogHiking142.thumb.jpg.39f3bceef6545783483a875ea35ff783.jpg

1572445861_DogHiking143.thumb.jpg.dba6cb5cf423d42ab724deb76e9e1e52.jpg

412228801_DogHiking131.thumb.jpg.dd995d20e93d130eb6e6b5a68fb94034.jpg

04 STI BBS are 5x100

Right. (I had an 05 STI, with the BBS wheels in the 5x114.3 pattern and saw your LGT is an 05...)

As long as we don't have poor unsuspecting folks running out and buying the 05 and up STI wheels, life is good. And they do indeed look good. HPH

Right. (I had an 05 STI, with the BBS wheels in the 5x114.3 pattern and saw your LGT is an 05...)

As long as we don't have poor unsuspecting folks running out and buying the 05 and up STI wheels, life is good. And they do indeed look good. HPH

lol it was one of those pieces of info where u take for granted. thanks for the heads up

car for sale. PM me!

Also, hard to find another light weight wheel that clears Brembos. :)

Silver BBS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/Photoshoot%20Aug%2024%2007/100_1176.jpg

Gunmetal BBS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/2005%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/CIMG0381.jpg

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Running my BBS with my snows in 225/40/17 Dunlop M3's!

• Like the fact they fit over my Brembos
  • thinking about painting black?
  • good solid winter wheel
  • Ohlins with ION's (JDM-front/HD/rear)
  • agree with all of your comments above!

J

Great pictures. Your wagon looks awesome with those wheels and Brembo's! This is exactly what I'd like to add to mine.

Looks good, lawl. I didn't realize that you sold your Tarmac IIIs. SoCal member?
SoCal member... http://smiliesftw.com/x/dave.gif You guys are like incest over there. :lol:

paint them or coat them FTW.

p.s. - you could run 235/40-17 on them no prob.

+1 i had 235/40-17 azenis on mine.

BTW i love the sti bbs' have them on my car with 225/45/17 kumho asx's

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Setup:

*Bilstein shocks (out of a '06 spec B)

*Tein "H" springs

*RE960 tires...225/45-17

*1/4" rear shims added a few months ago to even the stance and help with rear camber.

Summer Setup.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1218/2281/3043640140_large.jpg

Winter setup:

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1218/2281/3043640142_large.jpg

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited