LegacyGT.com

Sound inside dash when I turn off the car.

Dergara

Which one?

I seriously doubt it. Mine doesn't make the noises when I scroll through the settings. Recirc/fresh, temp adjust, air direction mode - all work fine and without noise. It's ONLY when the car is shut off that it makes the noise.

That's exactly what it is. The actuator as noted in the other threads. It doesn't make any abnormal noises or malfunction. It only makes noise when shut off.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've changed my mind again. I shut it off this morning and it made the noise. Left the car off (you can change the air mode with the car off) and pressed the button a few times. It made a similar noise, but was cycling fine.

I dunno. We'll see what happens. Hopefully it can be accessed without ripping the dash out as it is on the right side of the heater case.

I haven't fixed it. It's an $80 part and it's functioning correctly, just making noise.

I believe it is accessible by removing the passenger glovebox and going into the side.

the $80 part is the Door Actuator part?

I have the same problem here. I figured after testing and opening up the floor in the passenger seat that what I had was the door sticking. I realized that after trying to change the AC direction from Feet to Face to WIndshield and everything in between the motor just kept clicking and not moving, and also the air has only been coming at my face and has never switched to my feet or the windshield. So in essence I do not have a front windshield defroster. Can you link me the part because I really gotta get on this and fix it before the winter season.

I live with it for now. I have a laundry list of "nice to fix" items such as belt trim, stupid dash crack, right rear passenger window (scratched and I want tint).

I tried cycling through to foot air and I didn't feel anything th other day, but it did blow air when in combined foot and face mode. It very well may be ready for replacement of the actuator.

• 2 months later...
Thought this would be best location to add. Recently purchased for son, 1999 GT Limited. Very irregular strong clicking sound from under dash. can make it stop by changing HVAC mode. Can even slap top of dash. Searches have suggested Mode motor, actuator arm. Very infrequent. Can be running with Def on and all of a sudden it starts. Each mode of HVAC works but can seem slow to change. Motor or arm, or something else. Looking for thoughts. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I shot this earlier today after taking the entire dash apart. I've been having this problem for a few years now and I've just been dealing with it. Its gotten so bad I can't stand it any more. I don't know about the linkage, but there seems to only be 2 screws holding it in place.

I haven't been to the dealer yet to see about a price for the motor. I'll get back to you whenever I get around to that. :lol: