LegacyGT.com

Who would be interested in USDM 08-09 rear bumper vents?

**Edit**

**9/30/2017**

Starting to CAD from scratch since I havent heard back from the member on this website that I sent the vents to in 2016 who was supposed to 3D scan it for us.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5694717&postcount=219

**Edit**

**1/8/2015**

The scanned piece/working model I have so far.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5030936&postcount=159

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=200297&stc=1&d=1458055315

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Post:

I am talking with a company who i gave a jdm rear vent set to and i was interested in asking them to model a set that will fit our usdm rear bumper.

Just seeing how much interest there would be on the boards to make sure i dont lose any money by going through with asking them to make them.

They are not sure on price because they havent started yet. But if these were to fit well, how much would people be willing to pay? They said about $45+ for a set if i can get 10 sets ordered. But again, they threw an estimate.

Just wondering if people thought that would be too high to pay and i can discuss it with them more. Thanks

-Scott

P.s. hopefully im not breaking any rules since im not a vendor, etc. I was just seeing if there were interest so i can try and offer something to you guys

1.Imprezing04

2. Deadzep

3. mk6933

4. DPsubie

5. Biggu

6. Squiden

7. Scottyg7171

8. Underground000

9.W1cked

10.joeblow

11.06LegacyRBP

12.rdhoggattjr

13.SleeperLGT

14.Murphdaddy

15.Schrei Wolf (maybe)

16.1stick3pedals

17.rtbrjason

18.RIPjeep2002

19. monkonmonk

20. Bluewolf

21. skunkworks

22. Bbc84

23. cholmes1

24. biodtl

25. BigNYDog3

26. 300zx2g35

27. yamarider18

28. OBPDemon

29. wpmarky

30. brawline

31. berkshire40

32. ckLegacy09

33. Tomkat1127

34. shtbxr22

35. Corny357

36. Hotgunz

37. StNem24

38. Meshanks07

39. mmmmspecb

40. tocinoman25

41.henrysy2003

42.strizzy

43.king

44.legspecb08

45.btillfan1948

46.subie5

47.coldbore

48. legspecb08

49. Jaesx

50. InnocentGuns

51. Hannya

52. Acastro516

53. turboboost

54. R15

55. nuked_oasys

56. GipsySpec.B

57. amp583

58. MJC784

59. big_tom

60. mumblespec

61. Cobbsalad

62. Korrupt3d

63. tvsubaru

64. Vader's_3.0R

65. xVern

66. Grothe08LGT

67. KeemsEZ30USDM

68. baci

69. MaasaiWarrior

70. abaig97

71. outback'n

72. Knownpick

73. meowtown

74. Dispatch20

75. bomberlegacy

76. gonzoman10

77. fewxdavid

78. dug-e-fresh

79. amp583

80. ethanrbutler

81. skuubi

82. Knapp

83. blxcksheep

84. toominator

*****Edit****

**5/9/2016**

Shipped vents to a member here to get 3D scanned again, in an editable version

**edit**

**3/5/2016**

SEE POST 197 and 198 for a summary of ALL progress and information!!! Thanks guys!!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5358491&postcount=197

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5358497&postcount=198

*Edit**

Waiting to get the reflector piece to get scanned

8/7/2015

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5208840&postcount=176

Still working on it but it will be some time since it is just a side project

**EDIT**

9/14/2012

Does anyone know a cheaper way to produce about 100 of these? Your own company. A friend?

I have been quoted $12,000 to get a mold made and then material costs to have it done.

I will look into vacuum forming but to keep initial costs at a minimum (i dont have the funds to fund a mold) I think I may just sell prototypes off my 3D printer when I am done completing the CADD

Relevant posts: search my name on this thread to follow

Thanks for staying up to date with this

****EDIT****

8/9/2012

I do not have the means to fund the project right now, to pay for everything initially and then hope to break even months down the line. I dont think anyone would put deposits down to help me pay for the material and mold to get done. And I honestly wouldnt want something to happen and then I owe everyone money. So, I am not going to ask that.

At this point, I may make them off my 3D abs plastic printer. It would cost at least $100 in time and materials to make so if people are that interested, I may make a small batch. It takes about a day to print a set. so, it would be a one off type of thing for now since I can not afford the molding process. So, I dont know if people are willing to pay that much but I am going to go ahead and work on the prototype and if people are interested, I will sell them something that matches my prototype. I will try to have pictures and a prototype done in the next few weeks

EDITS:

**See Post 72 for more JDM vent pictures to hold everyone's interest =)*

**See post 34 for my answers and post 36 for a pic of the jdm vent being held up to the usdm bumper**

**See Post 94-107 for progress and hold up and possible different route of producing these

**Also, this will probably come in white. Could easily be painted flat black to look like the JDM ones but who would be interested in me dropping a few sets at the body shop to get them color matched? Of course, i would charge what the shop charges me but itll probably be cheaper for me to get a few sets painted at one time. As opposed to you guys going to a shop and just getting one set painted**

Edited by Imprezsing04
Updating progress

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want to include pics of the usdm vs jdm.

i might be interested for $45. i wanted to get a jdm set a while ago until i learned that they won't fit our bumpers.

Yeah, ask W1cked, he is the one who sent me his jdm set to try out because he bought them and didnt fit and he couldnt modify them to fit. i have a pic of me holding the jdm vent up to my bumper but ill include pics when/if i get them made. just trying to see if people would be interested. dont want to get these made and then have no one buy them for that price.

Wow...I thought you had abandoned this project.

No, just been busy and so its sat and i did nothing with them. Decided to try and take this on again. Dont worry, i still remember you and im still good for following through with what i told you

Interested if its around 45 bucks.

Again, 45 was an estimate. if i get 10 people, and it turns out to be that much, itll be 45 plus shipping. That means im making nothing off of them. just helping members and getting myself a set.

If i get more inquirys, ill sell em for a little more so i can recoupe some money to at least get my set for free. if i sell 9 sets at 50, ill get my set for free....

• I Donated Too
pictures to show what this is about would be ideal but I think this is definitely something I'd do for $45 - I love the silly reflectors in the later 4th gen rear bumpers that I don't have so anything to improve what I think is a very boring back end on my car would probably be something I'd do...

pictures to show what this is about would be ideal but I think this is definitely something I'd do for $45 - I love the silly reflectors in the later 4th gen rear bumpers that I don't have so anything to improve what I think is a very boring back end on my car would probably be something I'd do...

I think this is only for the 08-09 legacy's with the reflectors. We will see, but I think it is to "replace" or cover up the reflectors on teh 08-09's. Don't take my word for it but I don't think this is designed for your year... sorry to bust your bubble!

If you are talking about the vents pictured bellow, then I'd definitely be in for that price. Some questions I would have are:

-Would they come color matched?

-How are they installed? Adhesive or double sided tape?

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=30302

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=30309