LegacyGT.com

South Carolina Roll Call - add your screen name

SBT

Koni sport shocks with h&r sport springs. I think I'm going to go with the smaller whiteline adjustable rear sway bar. I'm happy with the amount of roll right now (i.e. not much, as you can see in the picture). I just want it balanced more towards oversteer. No point in getting both bars.

http://i.imgur.com/pvYrYNQ.jpg

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Cone_Killer - you going to hit me back on my PMs about picking up your brake bits?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Sorry, car was sideswipped a few days ago. Dealing with all of that right now :(

So sorry to hear that mang. Were you in it - hope not, or that you're okay if you were. LMK if you need anything.

Bastiges - and they didn't leave a note I'm sure. HT's Security camera should have caught it though.

Attempted uppipe and downpipe install yesterday. Leaks :( Off to the exhaust shop... Clutch install? No problem. Hack apart my struts to install koni's? Timing belt? Head gasket? Cake. But try to fit aftermarket exhaust and I'm hopeless.

I find it a lot easier with AM bits, to just loosely bolt them together and then working from the front toward the rear, start to tighten everything up in sequence, then futz with the Mid > Y and Y > Mufflers to get everything straight.

FHkdljufhfskjg

Exhaust shop said he doesn't really do turbo cars because it takes too long. Anyone in the clemson area want to help a brother out? x.x On top of this, yesterday morning I got a P0123 CEL and the car went into limp mode. Again this morning. I cleared the code and it seemed to act better after the car warmed up... But I pulled the intercooler off and took a look anyway. Everything looked alright - I didn't unplug the wire or anything.

I wish allpro subaru wasn't 2 freaking hours away...

Noel Adams is in Greenville. Not sure how far that is from you. But he's got some build experience.

Just reinstalled everything.... Aaaand it's no better. I think I'm going to try and put my stock DP back on this afternoon and see if that makes a difference.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/exhaust-leak-after-up-dp-install-207393.html

The never-ending stage 2 install! Tore everything back out again today, installed a different up pipe. Three trips to the parts store for gaskets and studs later, everything is back in... Except the gasket they gave me for the downpipe-to-catback doesn't fit. :spin: Turns out that the uppipe Allpro Subaru sold me had a HOLE in it somewhere behind a heat shield. Got a friend's STI uppipe for free and now there's no more leak there, at least.

Meh.

Who is Allpro Subaru? Congrats on getting your UP issue squared away. That's typically a pita when you're using a stock pipe, because of the accordion-type flex joint, which does corrode and start to leak, behind the heat shield.

Subaru dealer in the Atlanta area, seems to be pretty well known around there. The guys seem really knowledgeable (I've called them a few times to ask questions). Just a bummer that I had to waste so much of my time chasing down a leak like this. I'm glad I didn't pay a shop to do it...

Who is Allpro Subaru?

Subaru dealer in the Atlanta area

They are not actually a dealer but a Subaru Performance/Specialty Shop ... like you said they are VERY knowledgeable. They are a group of awesome guys up there and I personally have a lot of respect for them. Sorry you had to go through all that mess and glad you did get things sorted out.