LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

I'm working on a digital gauge for the Subaru legacy vent. It is in the prototyping stage and should fit model years 05-09. The majority of the vent functionality is maintained, however the two top vent louvers are removed where the gauge is installed.

There are 2 graphs, one is dedicated to boost visuals. The other, could be vac, also lets you know what history location your looking at (see video).

This thing has boost peak history. You know, when you were too busy driving to catch the peak and hold, now you can just request the history.

Other features:

Max pressure readings in excess of 30 PSI

Vac readings down to 24 in hg.

Programmable alarm

Programmable peak and hold time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_LSpPtfXE]YouTube- Digital Boost gauge for Legacy GT[/ame]

I would like to open this up for feature requests and 'design by forum' ideas

UPDATE: The newest design has changed alot from the original idea, thanks to all the input from this forum. Attached is the new pic (second pic). Follow the thread for all the dirty details.

1955126098_Ventboost.jpg.16a014b93356d27fee0e97a6917e5e1f.jpg

DSC00053.thumb.jpg.a67e7f2dbbdf773a63208997fe1260aa.jpg

Edited by lossol
Updated
VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some questions answered from other thread...http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73580&page=26

You should get the PCB painted black so it looks more stealth under direct sunlight.

I agree, right now there are a few changes in the works. The smoked lens will probably be darker in the final product, which should make the leds and pcb much harder to see in direct sunlight. I am also getting quotes for black PCB solder mask which should really do the trick.

can we expect this before x-mas? I was hoping to add in a nice turbo gauge and this fits the bill. I wish it didn't block the vent like that though.

Probably not, the only thing shipping before then may be some beta units. But those aren't ready yet. Oh and less then half of the vent is blocked, it is still quite functional.

and i send the money where? i'm definitely in the market for something like this. guages on the steering column is too crowded for that space, the cubby pod is reserved for my future navi setup, and i'm scared to play with the a-pillar due to airbag housing. keep us posted man

and i send the money where? i'm definitely in the market for something like this. guages on the steering column is too crowded for that space, the cubby pod is reserved for my future navi setup, and i'm scared to play with the a-pillar due to airbag housing. keep us posted man

If the air bag is the only thing holding you back from an a-pillar housing, dont hesitate. You wont have any issues with it.

That is a really clean setup but i would still like an air vent gauge mount for either a 52mm or 60mm gauge. That would be trick, I have seen them for 04 wrx's but none for our legacies.

+1..

Interested in estimated cost on this as well.

That is a really clean setup but i would still like an air vent gauge mount for either a 52mm or 60mm gauge. That would be trick, I have seen them for 04 wrx's but none for our legacies.

Really? I find I USE my vents too much for that to ever work.. And the passenger vents are too far over..

Still happy with my stealth gtdigboost.. Just wouldn't mind adding a few features to it like distance driven, time driven (that accumulates distances and time for a while, like VWs "until you stop for 2+ hours" MFI. Terribly useful, that!)

interested to see the cost...

Me too, since the design isn't finalized I don't have a number yet.

Will there be options to turn off the entire gauge, or just turn off either the leds or the number?

I was thinking there should be an option to shut the led bars off, or at least the vac led bar, maybe to some the vac could get annoying. Not sure why you would want to disable the numbers. why?

I hope this doesn't melt or overheat the board when you're running heat full blast.

No problem, of course that would be tested.

I was thinking there should be an option to shut the led bars off, or at least the vac led bar, maybe to some the vac could get annoying. Not sure why you would want to disable the numbers. why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for blinky lights...but I also like a stealthy/sleeper car inside and out so turning off the gauge would be necessary for me. It would be particularly nice to be able to turn them off at night. Also will the lights dim with the factory gauge dimmer?

Would also like to see pics of the gauge in the car.

Thanks!