LegacyGT.com

"Studdering" Fix Released

Opie

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P2097 is an ECU Diagnostic Trouble Code, the description for this code is: "P2097 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1"

The reflash is to fix either problem, you don't have to have the CEL light to get the reflash.

Duplicate it for them.

It's much more noticeable when driving as opposed to riding along. Also, I didn't notice it myself throughout the first few weeks of ownership.

It's subtle, but annoying...

I talked to my dealer's tech today.

He says there is nothing yet for canadian model Legacy...

Anybody knows more?

Havent you heard, the studdering is "normal operation" according to my delear :rolleyes:.

Not having a fix is one thing but telling customers the problem they are experiencing doesnt exist is annoying....

Hey Deimos,

You should go to another dealer ,and notify SOA man....

This is outrageous... Some people are really jerks, and sometimes they don't have a loaner for you and give excuses...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

My service department talked down to me through email. They said that I'd have to bring it in and plan on leaving it for half the day while they dicked around with it. Then he said that 'obviously we can't solve your problem through email.' I didn't even ask for a solution through email. I just wanted to know if they were familiar with the problem and if they knew about a solution for it. What a-holes... I'm going to another dealership.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

my service department hadn't heard anything either... tried blaming it on bad gas. Although I was able to duplicate the studdering that it is doing, so at least that is on the service report. I'm going to copy this announcement from SOA and take it to them and nip this problem in the butt

anyone concerned that if you send your ECU in for the fix that it may come back re-formated so we have less power or some other issues?

and where can you get a copy of the SOA offical statement about the fix?

my service department hadn't heard anything either... tried blaming it on bad gas. Although I was able to duplicate the studdering that it is doing, so at least that is on the service report. I'm going to copy this announcement from SOA and take it to them and nip this problem in the butt

Did you have your service department call the SOA tech line?

anyone concerned that if you send your ECU in for the fix that it may come back re-formated so we have less power or some other issues?

and where can you get a copy of the SOA offical statement about the fix?

Yeah, I am slightly. We'll see. I know that I may have to go aftermarket anyways to get a perfect tune.

Did you have your service department call the SOA tech line?

This is not an ECU issue. I had a catless uppie installed, & studdering is gone. Obviously it has to do with the restriction being to close to the turbo charger. Unless, yor're in California where they check for smog emissions, removing this pre-cat isn't illegal.

Unless, yor're in California where they check for smog emissions, removing this pre-cat isn't illegal.

Oh really? Please back that statement up.

<----- PGT has smog check coming up in VA soon :(