View Single Post
#11: 01-28-2007, 05:10 PM

LittleBlueGT
Title: RS4 killer
Car: 05 Atlantic Blue non-limited GT MT
Send a private message to LittleBlueGT Find all posts by LittleBlueGT Reply With Quote
I got a chance to compare my modded 06 WRX clutch & Pressure Plate and OEM 06 WRX flywheel to the OEM 05 LGT set-up. I took pics with the dealers camera and they are suppose to e-mail me them, so I will post when I can (my wife broke our camera).

The Bullyclutches 06 WRX Pressure Plate (which should weigh the same as an OEM one) = 10.8 lbs
OEM Pressure Plate = 11.6 lbs

Bullyclutches 06 WRX clutch (which is a lot more HD in appearance) = 4.2 lbs
OEM clutch = 2.8 lbs

06 WRX flywheel = 23.8 lbs
OEM LGT flywheel = 28.2 lbs

Soooooooooooooo.................

I only lose a total of 3.8 lbs from my drivetrain. Although the 1.4 lb difference in clutch weight means the engine when clutch is not engaged will feel a bit lighter. Because of this I have decided to get a lightweight pulley as well, which will drop another 4 lbs from the rotating mass for a total of almost 8 lbs lost. I think that will be a nice combination of being fairly light weight, but not being hard to drive, even for my wife.

I would have preferred to lose 8 lbs total from the Pressure Plate and flywheel combo, then I would have not gotten the pulley, but that is the way it is for now.

BTW the clutch on the 06 wrx is slightly smaller in diameter then the LGT one (about 1/4 inch). Also, there is no way the 06 WRX flywheel and LGT Pressure plate are compatible, no way!

By the looks of it the whole assembly should bolt right up and the clutch should operate like OEM, but I will reserve final judgement for after the install.