View Single Post
#7: 10-19-2006, 08:10 PM

IwannaSportSedan
Title: and general BoxerFanatic
Location: Somewhere where OnStar and the SmartGrid can't find me.
Car: '05 Legacy GT, '92 SVX LS-L, '99 Miata.
Send a private message to IwannaSportSedan Find all posts by IwannaSportSedan Reply With Quote
That seems like a rational approach. and probably a really good choice.

But keep in mind, there is more light and less light... not really "mid-range" light. and light doesn't cost quite as much to upgrade as power, and light is useable when power is not...

And luckily, like traction (with good tires), Light (with good bulbs) is one thing Legacy has going for it, in spades.

Four really good light fixtures are SOO nice, compared to all my previous cars having just two fixtures of varying quality.

I love the projectors being able to focus all of their available light on the strict low beam pattern, rather than compromizing half of the reflector or lens focus to high beams... and vice versa for the high beams not having to compromize reflector space for the low beam pattern.

Plus, that just means that high output light sources like HIR, and HID (especially with a HID reflector and cutoff retrofit) can do their best in their own dedicated fixture, and not waste as much of that extra output.

It's like playing really good music through really good speakers. neither gets wasted.