View Single Post
#7: 09-24-2006, 08:11 PM

ilh
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: 15 WRX Limited 6MT ISM
Send a private message to ilh Find all posts by ilh Reply With Quote
I am the latest victim of this. Just today, going around turns I noticed a strange sound that turned out to be the HVAC fan hitting water (I think). I then noticed drips down into the passenger footwell, and most of the footwell is wet. Ugh. Time to call the dealership tomorrow.

EDIT:

I called my dealer at 7:30 this morning when they opened and said I'd like to get this taken care of as quickly as possible since that might minimize mold and mildew. They were able to take me this morning and give me a free loaner (07 Forester). I just got a call that they found the A/C drain line kinked. They rerouted it and checked that it is flowing properly now. They will be replacing the carpeting tomorrow. They have already performed this exact same procedure on other cars. They seem to think this will not reoccur after the rerouting. They said something about the line was routed behind something that could pinch it.

I must give my dealer, Village Subaru in Acton, praise. They took me rapidly and gave me a loaner without advance scheduling. They are replacing the carpeting without my having to push at all. I did have to deal with them a LOT last winter/spring when I was fighting a sticking throttle plate that was causing stalling, and they treated me well then too. Too often we hear about horror stories, so I figured it is good to share the positive stories when possible. I purchased the car from them, which could have some impact.

--Lee

Last edited by ilh; 09-25-2006 at 03:41 PM..