View Single Post
#4: 11-12-2004, 07:59 AM

eamiller
Title: Contributor
Car: 05 RBP 2.5GT LTD. Wagon
Send a private message to eamiller Find all posts by eamiller Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhecubus42
This afternoon, for no obvious reason, the passenger seatbelt chime has started to malfunction. Its worked perfectly for the last 6 weeks since i bought the car, but today it insists that the non-existant passenger should be wearing their seatbelt. Its a little illogical on the car's part: it knows not to turn the airbag on, because there is no weight on the seat, but is determined to get that passenger seatbelt buckled!

I disabled the chime using the methods described in another forum, so its not going to drive me crazy, but it always concerns me when part of a new car doesn't work. It just doesn't bode well.

I checked all of the connections under the seat, where there is a very elaborate Denso-designed system all running to the "Occupant Control Module". Very sinister sounding, no? But every seems to be plugged in where it should be.

Just wondering if anyone else has has a similar problem.

Thanks.
The occupant sensing system in the passenger seat must need recalibrated. It will flash the seatbelt light when *ANY* weight is detected in the seat. If the weight is above the threshold necessary, then the "Airbag ON" light illuminates.