LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would agree but with all the info in this thread, their non responsiveness here, and now blatantly lying with a horrible excuse of why they pulled the page, things just don't seem too right.

Edit: Just saw the chat. So that's exactly what they should of said as to why they pulled the page. At least it would be truthful and a step in the right direction from a CS point of view. Not "cause we didn't sell to many"

Edited by jojorios
Saw Chat

Or they don't want to sell anymore potentially problematic parts...put your tin foil hats away for a little while guys. :lol:

I guess that was the point, that it has nothing to do with low interest and more to do with they know its defective, which would give us leverage to getting a better product.

Mind you I am just a by stander here, but they have handled this very poorly. Regardless of whether there is indeed an issue or not, they should be very vocal and proactive in trying to resolve the issue instead of hoping it just goes away. Issues like this can create real PR problems for companies. I am hoping this gets resolved for you guys. Either way though I doubt I will ever buy anything from them due to the poor service they have given all the GB members.

It's a two way street though, the few who have had the issues didn't really keep on them to do something about it, they kind of vented here and then went with another DP or went back to stock. Which, is nothing against them, because we do drive our cars daily for the most part so we can't do endless downtime and retunes for troubleshooting purposes. So I understand the frustration on this end but also the lack of action on the other. If noone complains to them they can't really know there is a problem aside from a few who likely never got back to them after an initial email or call.

And in another sense, putting a supplier of parts for our car specifically on some kind of crap list doesn't really help us 5thgen gt owners or the forum in the long run. Not too many shops making parts for us at all, and if we keep on with the negativity maybe there will be one less, and probably more 2nd thoughts from others.

Edited by FLlegacy

As soon as Im not working 60 hrs a week...and the wife goes back to work next week so yes my hope is to have it in by mid august, it has been cooling down here ever so slightly or maybe I am just getting used to it.

The silence from Nameless is deafening

Terrible things like this don't happen where I come from. Other terrible things happen instead.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Jason got a hold of me and in 2 week they will be testing the downpipe. It would be next week but my boy has soccer camp and that's more important at the moment lol

Looks like I won't be watching. I'll be on the east coast then. If the date slips, I might be able to make it, so I'll keep an eye out.

• 2 weeks later...
Well.......silence these past 2 weeks.......sorry. Starting to think they have just given up, I love Nameless and the guys that work there, but this is ridiculous. We all have tried and tried to get this worked out, but it seems our time may have passed. Sorry to you guys who bought a dp and haven't been able to use them........

I don't think I've commented on this fiasco before but the product description amuses me to no end.... If only they'd have hired one of those no-good, money grabbing attorneys (or at least somebody that knows something about advertising/marketing) to review their product description to avoid, or at least limit, this sort of mess.

For example, if their description was a lot softer (may avoid boost creep, etc.), I think they could have avoided most of the backlash. Instead of the current situation, they probably could have responded with something along the lines of, "Hey guys, we're an aftermarket parts company who did you guys a favor by making these things. We hardly made any profit on these things at all. They are better than stock, and really, it is mostly the wastegate's fault. Again, this is an aftermarket product, and as such, it is a 'drive at your own risk' product. Here is a 10% off coupon for next order." In other words, go eat a bag of ribbed silicone cylinders.

Frankly, I wouldn't doubt if their management has reviewed this issue and decided that their reputation can withstand 25-odd pissed off customers who'll likely never initiate a lawsuit against them (or may not even have a claim in the first place). It reminds of the portion of Fight Club when Ed Norton is describing how car companies determine when to issue recalls (but, of course, on much smaller scale).

Anyway, sorry to fan the flames. I just really enjoy the product description. I've found that more reputable companies are more careful about product descriptions.