View Single Post
#4: 04-01-2006, 10:20 AM

pillboy
Title: Reese's Monkee
Car: 2005 Legacy GT Sedan, 2002 Outback Wagon
Send a private message to pillboy Find all posts by pillboy Reply With Quote
Brady-

I feel your pain. I have been going to Bloomington Subaru since we bought my wife's Outback in December of '01 and I have never had any problems with the service department. Being the anal person I am, I always have a long typed note for the tech so he/she knows exactly what my issues are in great detail. The small notes the service writer types into the computer cannot possibly give the tech enough info. I do this to make sure my concerns are taken care of to my satisfaction and because I don't have the luxury of face-to-face contact with the person actually doing the work. Communication (or lack thereof) is the biggest hurdle in providing (and receiving) good service. I have always thought that being paired up with a luxury make (Acura), that I was getting treated better there...they have to cater to a demanding clientele.

Back to you. Centering the steering wheel should not be a big deal, and you need to get it done or it will drive you crazy every time you are in the car. At this point I would either wait until you have to go in for another service issue or take it to a tire shop. I can't believe it would be more than 1/2 hour of labor. I would try Samaritan Tire in Hopkins (just west of 169 on Minnetonka Blvd). I have heard nothing but good things about them and stopped one day while running errands to have the alignment checked on my wife's car (no appointment..."come back in an hour and we can get you in"). I had the tires replaced a couple months earlier and was feeling guilty about not having it aligned. They checked the alignment, it was within spec, gave me a printout, and charged me $20. We all have had issues with different places. Mine was with Tires Plus in Eden Prairie and I will walk before I have those monkeys touch my car again. I wrote a letter to the manager, sent it to him by name, and heard nothing back.

I have found over the years that when dealing with people, if they have something you want (getting your car fixed), don't pi$$ them off. Treat them like you want to be treated. I'm not saying you were out of line with them, you seem like a pretty laid-back guy, it's just a general comment. If you need a ride sometime in the future, remember, I live down in that area and would be happy to give you a lift. Let me know how things go.

Mark