View Single Post
#364: 06-20-2014, 09:48 PM

havanahjoe
Title: Contributor
Car: '08 DGM Spec B - Rallitek Springs
Send a private message to havanahjoe Find all posts by havanahjoe Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboSz View Post
Screen protector will not actually reflect the heat a whole lot. I have had my Nexus 7 in 105 degree heat before and never had a problem with it, but I suppose if yours is having a problem you could buy a heat sink fan like you would use on a computer (example...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065). I would mount this behind the tablet and fairly close to it so it's blowing directly on the back.

I am not sure if you did this, but I rearranged the insides of my Nexus 7 so I no longer have a back on it. If you were to get a fan, pulling off the back case would help air flow get to the tablet. My tablet below for reference...
Thanks for the tips! I think it doesn't help that mine is a 2013 and the screen is I believe darker than the original model. I can take the cover off, but I'm not sure that will help. The screen is VERY hot to the touch when it is rebooting (shutting down because of overheating and booting back up because it has power), so it seems to me like it is just absorbing the heat from the sun.

For now I'm parking at work in the shade, but the easiest solution will probably be to use a sun visor.