LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent so far. I guess I may not be completely done with power mods!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Had my tune done today. Unfortunately it was a street tune so the best I have is estimates out of software pretending to be a dyno. But estimated around 230-233 WHP at peak (I did a few different runs on Torque for Android with an ELM327 bluetooth to ODBII) and this was the approximate range; base was 203-205WHP before I started modding (I have a Takeda AFE intake and Invidia Q300 catback exhaust). So if we assume constant HP loss, 256/203 * 230 = estimated around 290HP at the crank. And 0-60 times are 5.2-5.3s.

Of course this is rather unscientific because torque is not a dyno; so I'm hesitant to use this as an actual baseline.

I had my tune done at Moto East in Bethlehem, PA. I may be going back at some point in the near future to use a dyno with my car, but because I don't have a baseline it's going to be a bit hard to calculate an estimate of what it makes at the crank.

So if we assume constant HP loss, 256/203 * 230 = estimated around 290HP at the crank. And 0-60 times are 5.2-5.3s.

Man, that is awesome. And trust me, as a 3.6 owner myself, I REALLY want to have faith in those numbers, but I must admit that it is a little hard for me to believe that with a tune and less than $2K of exhaust/intake mods you are a nearly .5 sec. faster than a stock LGT? Please, somebody take one of the modded and tuned 3.6R to the strip!

Rhett:

I'll get screenshots next time I have a chance to try at launching it on an open road. I also did it with torque pro, which is never as good as doing it at an actual track. In all fairness it was more of a 10-60 since I did it off of an on ramp...

But a GT will still beat me by a good bit at stage 1. So there's that, with a basic tune and very few mods the GT would probably stomp us at least on that test.

(apologies, I wanted to make sure this was as accurate as possible, so I revised the previous post)

Granted, I didn't have any intake/exhaust mods, so I'm hoping that was part of the problem.

That could very well be part of the problem, also if you didn't step up to 93/91 it's possible you were leaving some power on the table.

Edited by KFCConspiracy
Sorry wanted to rephrase what I wrote (basically the same thing)

^I hear you, bro. I guess I'm just a little jaded since I went down the Visconti Ecutek road with not much gains. Granted, I didn't have any intake/exhaust mods, so I'm hoping that was part of the problem. Good thing is I still have my license and the cables, so I'm just waiting on some real numbers before I spend anymore money on power mods. I am, however, very stoked and impressed on what you guys are doing in the 3.6 world these days!

That could very well be part of the problem, also if you didn't step up to 93/91 it's possible you were leaving some power on the table.

Nah, I was on 93. Maybe you could shoot a video of your speedometer next time you do a 0-60? They are all the rage on YouTube anyway! :lol:

I guess I will just let the cat out of the bag. I will let the other 3.6r owner who helped with a few sanity check runs state what he found.

I can get a sub 5 second 0-60 with a 2000 rpm launch. Three different times on three different days...on piddly 91 octane.

I can hopefully get my @ss to a wednesday night drag but it means taking half a day off.

It does taper off at the end. It can get up and go but it does start losing some steam as it builds in third.

And, as KFC stated, an LGT on stage 1 is faster. We are not putting down as much power as a tuned LGT, so it is no surprise.

On a side note, sometime tomorrow...if my old brain can remember, I will attempt to clean up page 1 by adding supercharger info and KFC tune.

If Italian and KFC have specific information they want me to put up, please let me know.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

^I hear you, bro. I guess I'm just a little jaded since I went down the Visconti Ecutek road with not much gains. Granted, I didn't have any intake/exhaust mods, so I'm hoping that was part of the problem. Good thing is I still have my license and the cables, so I'm just waiting on some real numbers before I spend anymore money on power mods. I am, however, very stoked and impressed on what you guys are doing in the 3.6 world these days!

You must get a retune. I highly recommend an etune by Rob at AMR if you cant get a custom tune by someone local.

According to the EFI logics database, stock LGTs were running 0-60 in the low 5 sec. range in magazine tests. Stage 1 LGTs did 0-60 in the high 4 sec. with 260whp. So if your numbers are correct, you should easily be able to hang with a stage 1 LGT, no problem.

But yeah, I definitely need a new tune. I'm just waiting to save a little money and do the intake/exhaust mods first.

first page updated with Supercharger and KFC tune.

Italian: Do you have a "documented" link?

KFC: Do you have a build list?

I didn't make an official thread, but here's what I have:

- Takeda AFE intake

- Milk jug delete

- HKS Funnel

- Invidia Q300 catback exhaust (Created from the Legacy GT kit by cutting off about 7" off the midpipe and rewelding, done by F.A.S.T. of westchester)

- Tune from Mike at Moto-East

Edited by KFCConspiracy
Added credit for the exhaust mod

According to the EFI logics database, stock LGTs were running 0-60 in the low 5 sec. range in magazine tests. Stage 1 LGTs did 0-60 in the high 4 sec. with 260whp. So if your numbers are correct, you should easily be able to hang with a stage 1 LGT, no problem.

We would need some legitimate quarter mile times to know for sure. Comparing numbers from different dynos (or android apps ;)) won't get us anywhere unfortunately. I personally am doubtful a bolt on and tuned 3.6 will keep up with a tuned GT. It may be able to get within 10-20 peak hp, but it will never have the broad power curve without bottle feeding or FI. Additionally, you have some weight and gearing differences that will impact acceleration. Certainly not 3.6 bashing here, just keeping things in perspective. I like what I see so far but would love to see some 1/4 mile slips. Can't wait to see what supercharging does.

RaceRom feature for EcuTek may be getting close.

Here is an e-mail from AMR:

On Fri, 5/23/14, AMR Performance <sales@amrperformance.com> wrote:

Subject: RaceROM Features

To:

Date: Friday, May 23, 2014, 12:17 PM

We

are in discussion with EcuTek to push the 3.6R's

compability and further help the community.

We would like to know your opinion on "what

RaceROM features would you like to see on your

vehicle?".

Thank you for your time.