View Single Post
#149: 04-27-2014, 09:29 PM
JDM HVAC Double Din Conversion

covertrussian
Title: Boost Junkie
Car: LGT, FXT, G20+T
Send a private message to covertrussian Find all posts by covertrussian Reply With Quote
Got a JDM HVAC dual climate control module (Part number H6217AG911) by itself fairly cheap. This allows you to replace the stock USDM Radio & HVAC combo, which gives you two din slots for radio and pocket or gauges (what I plan on doing with the new space).

First take out the stock radio, no more ghetto radio under the HVAC!

There are three 4 total plugs that plug into the stock radio, find the one that fits into the JDM HVAC.

Gotta add pins to it (or you can buy the ae64 i88 Adapter

Needs to splice it into the radio harness, since I made a forward harness for my previous setup this was a breeze

JDM HVAC plops perfectly into the stock radio brackets, I used bolts from the Scosche kit to bolt it up.

Test it and make sure all operates

I used Scosche SU2025B for this part. As you can see this kit is meant for manual climate control Legacy's, doesn't fit at all.

Now the fun part, making it fit!

The hazard switch bolts right up in the stock location.

Had to move the radio back up since there wasn't enough clearance to open the face place on the bottom din.

The Scosche kit bolts into the stock back bracket bolts, this keeps it pretty securely in place.

Installed a din pocket until I get all of the gauges, fitment could use some work on the driver side faux wood trim. The JDM HVAC is slightly off to the left which causes the wood trim not to fit in place easily.

For now all done and happy with the results! All of this ran me up around $250, better then $370 for full JDM kit.

Last edited by covertrussian; 08-06-2014 at 09:40 PM..