View Single Post
#292: 01-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Morimoto HID Projector Install

Barnes305
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2012 Legacy 3.6R Ltd w/Nav and mods
Send a private message to Barnes305 Find all posts by Barnes305 Reply With Quote
Called TRS and Zach was more helpful than anyone because no one else seems to care about my questions via email or phone.

I have a 2012 Legacy 3.6R Ltd. and ordered the Morimoto mini H1 6.0 projector lens kit. When I first got it, the brackets seemed too small to fit the projector housing through it. I had to modify the bracket but this took out the screw mounting holes on the top section. I am wondering how it all assembles? I called TRS and said they will send new brackets.... in 3 weeks! Do I disassemble the lens from the projector housing and then bolt it together? Do I replace the Subaru bracket with the bracket from you (the bracket that is attached to the headlight housing assembly)?

Saw the instructions below but was wondering what gen it was for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniStiGuy View Post
I was the person involved in the design and development of the new bracket so I can tell you how to mount them with the new system.

"You put the mounting bracket against the bowl then the shield on top of the mounting bracket and then screw the lens holder on. If the screws are short then use the long 1" ones that originally were for the other mounts as they have the same thread pattern and are the same size as the short ones that already hold the lens holder on. I had 1 headlight that the short ones worked fine and grabbed ok but the other one was not wanting to bite down enough so I used the longer screws for it."

It will look like this when put together correctly. You see the bowl is at the bottom, then the shield, then the lens holder on top.