View Single Post
#5: 01-21-2014, 01:17 PM

Yamba6
Title: Member
Car: 05 Legacy GT / 00 S2000
Send a private message to Yamba6 Find all posts by Yamba6 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesavo View Post
There is a slight ticking noise I was concerned with. After a glut of research, I have come to the conclusion that the tick is normal. A board of Ford Taurus enthusiasts that I am member of were discussing this. One of them brought up a point that that these should have their "lashes" adjusted ever 70-100 K miles. It's possible that they can be damaged if neglected. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
2.5L Subaru motors are known for having head gasket issues.... make sure to check that block and see no oil is leaking on the side of it/look under the motor to see if oil anywhere around the bottom of the block.

You definitely want to make sure the timing is done every 70-100k miles. I'm almost to that point right now. Those are the common things. Others on here can fill you in on more.

Make sure if you purchased used to redo most the oils in the car. Engine oil (may not have been replaced), Transmission oil, engine coolant, possibly the differential fluids as well. These are good maintenances to do to get things in order after a previous owner had it. Never know what maintenances they've done.