View Single Post
#280: 01-21-2014, 10:46 AM

.:Catalyst:.
Title: AllWheelsDriven
Car: 2006 spec.B #163 stage.2 .:CryoTuned:.
Send a private message to .:Catalyst:. Find all posts by .:Catalyst:. Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes305 View Post
Thanks for the write up on the headlight installation. Worked with a friend this past weekend and found that they didn't send all the right bolts and stuff for me to install. The 6.0 projectors on my 2012 seemed too big to fit into the bracket they sent me. Curious as to how you got yours to fit.

Did you unscrew the lens from the housing and then bolt the lens on the front of the bracket from TRS and then then bolt the projectors on the backside of it? Just trying to figure out how things bolt on with the hardware kit they send you and the bracket from Subaru.

Thanks so much!
You do realize that you are reading a DIY for the 4th gen and not the 5th gen? I highly doubt the setup is the same since the headlight housings are so different.

Also, since Drew's great writeup here, (he helped pioneer this setup for 4th gens), they have since changed the projector mounting bracket for the 4th gen due to alignment issues, so this is dated and not current. You should be discussing with TRS, those guys are great help. They were outstanding while resolving fitment/alignment issues during the last GB - even though it took a long time, we got the fix.