View Single Post
#62: 01-19-2014, 09:48 PM
EMUSA WRX Front Endlinks

covertrussian
Title: Boost Junkie
Car: LGT, FXT, G20+T
Send a private message to covertrussian Find all posts by covertrussian Reply With Quote
The car had a typical clank over the bumps, which is the fault of worn end links. The dust covers are shot on both sides...

I didn't want to spend $50 on OEM like links when I could upgrade. Didn't feel like spending $100+ on decent aftermarket ones, thus figured I would get eBay WRX ones a shot. I mean how hard is it to screw up solid aluminum and poly bushings? One thing I wasn't positive of in fitment.

You might be wondering why so many bolts... well China apparently thinks 4.8 class bolts belong in suspension parts, thus I bought $10 (supporting local hardware store) 10.9 class bolts. Do note that stock bolts are 10mm, while these have one 10mm and one 8mm. I might drill out the 8mm to be 10mm later...

Width seems to be good!

Pain is getting the rusty stock ones up, swaybar end was easy, but lower control arm one was stuck good.

Looks like it should fit length wise too

Here is the problem with the stock end links and even aftermarket ones that are designed the same. Look how much the end link bends before it starts letting the swaybar do its work.

Light with all suspension parts, you should tighten them with full load, I removed the end links with tires off (easier to reach) but then drove on rams to tighten it all up.

Fit's pretty good, I did have to source a few extra washers.

Test driving I did hear some noise, it's from poly rubbing against bushings/bar most likely. I will get under the car again to replace the 8mm bolt with a longer one, at that point will make sure all is still good.

EDIT: 8mm bolts didn't hold up, they weren't long enough thus lock nuts stripped off. Drilled it out to 10mm and used longer bolts

Added Kartboy swaybar spacers (KB-017WLS) too

Last edited by covertrussian; 08-06-2014 at 08:24 PM..