View Single Post
#35: 02-11-2006, 08:40 AM

djmonkey841
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5EAT Stage 1
Send a private message to djmonkey841 Find all posts by djmonkey841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady
I would discredit your theory. I disabled the DRLs 2 days after I bought it. Blown driver's bulb at 19,971 miles. Further, the dealer wanted over a half hour to change the bulb if under warranty. I ended up buying the damn bulb instead. Pissed me off.
I'm at 21k...in a year and 10 days...runs better now than when I first bought it...

When I was clearing my headlights I scratched one of my bulbs (at 19k and no burnouts)...forgot you didn't have to take them out, but anyways

I too went to the dealer to get a new bulb, the guy in the parts dept said it's covered under warranty, so I had to go talk to the shop guy...the shop guy said that they had to check my car in order to give me new headlights. I don't know how long it was going to take, but my car still had the bumper off and headlights out, and I only had a hour or two before it got dark...I told him I was working on my car and it's not really driveable right now, and asked if I could just bring the scratched bulb back for the warranty...I ended up just buying the bulb like yourself...and bought HID's about 200 miles after...

Never understood why they wanted to check my car to replace the bulb...I told the guy it was my fault for the scratch and he still said it would be covered...