View Single Post
#184: 12-22-2013, 07:29 PM

urfsin
Title: 2x Rally X Champ
Car: Grocery Getter
Send a private message to urfsin Find all posts by urfsin Reply With Quote
Yes, the Exedy stage 1 is pretty much the OEM set up. When you say "Stage 2" are you referring to this?

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Exed...2009-Legacy-GT

If so, I don't think many guys here are wanting to run a three puck clutch. As for the Hyper Single, I don't think anyone here has run that set up....I did find this on NASIOC however.

Exedy Sucks Bad! - NASIOC

I am not saying the FX300 is the best thing in the world here. I think the Exedy stage 1 is a good set up for a lot of guys running mild mods, but once you get into the 300 HP + / 320 + TQ at the wheels that clutch is living on borrowed time. This is where things get interesting. A lot of guys here have tried a fair amount of different set ups. So far, only a select few have gone over 50K miles with ANY aftermarket clutch.

Personally I had a Spec "stage 2" clutch that lasted about 25K miles. I think it could have lasted longer if I had a new or resurfaced flywheel (I just sanded and wiped down my original flywheel). I now have the FX300 with about 5K miles and I like it very much, but the stories of guys here with only 20-30K miles on their FX300 worry me. I am hoping mine will last longer because I installed a brand new WRX flywheel at the same time.

Last edited by urfsin; 12-22-2013 at 07:40 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to urfsin For This Useful Post:
GEE-OTTO (12-27-2013)