View Single Post
#13: 09-17-2013, 11:29 AM

AmSnow440
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT RBP 5MT
Send a private message to AmSnow440 Find all posts by AmSnow440 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarManBean View Post
I'll rephrase--"no complaining", lol. Keep in mind I bought the car with this setup, although I previously had a stock 05 wagon, so there's that.

Edit: it's also worth noting that the adjustability of either konis or tokicos might be a bit overplayed. The advantage of the adjustability is that you can match the struts to your springs. If you make them too soft or too hard for your specific springs though you'll likely end up with ride comfort issues--sometimes making them stiffer seems to actually improve the ride, not make it worse. Keep in mind also that the tokicos use spec.b style front top hats while konis use lgt/obxt style front top hats.
Everything BMB has said is true, I ran these on the firmer side of the adjustment to match the stiffer spring rates of the swifts. I will amend my previous statement and say that I would not recommend running these on the softest damping settings, as the Swifts' spring rates would not match that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGW View Post
So the hats on these will not work with a reg 2005 lgt?
They will. The struts themselves require the spec. b top hats due to the length of the threaded portion at the top of the strut rod being for JDM/ USDM Spec B. style tops hats and spring perches. That's why the struts are included with the all the required Spec. b bits which allow for a direct bolt up. I also own a 05' LGT and they fit perfect.