View Single Post
#8: 07-22-2013, 04:17 PM

SSM
Title: New Member
Car: Subaru Legacy!
Send a private message to SSM Find all posts by SSM Reply With Quote
Long time I visited here, but yes, the car has been updated!

(bigger picture Updated Legacy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!)

In early February, I had a close-call and hit a rim quite hard on a curb after sliding on an icy road.

So I've searched for replacements and bought some UK 17 in decent shape to put my summer tires on. I was searching for some in dark color, the bronze one from the UK 17 was not my favorite, but it's growing on me. I may have them repainted at some point, but they'll make a few years this way.

The rims I bought with the cars will probably be repaired / restored. Not sure which color I would go for. Silver is OK, after all, and a good change from the bronze of the UK 17.

The other major addition is the roof rack. I would have loved to go the Yakima way, but the roof of the Euro Legacy is different from the US one. I could have gone for a complete Thule rack, but I wanted something more original. So I chose flashy orange RockyMounts bike racks (Euro PitchForks) on Mont Blanc aero bars.

The only thing missing on the roof rack is a fairing. I want an Inno one, but can't find a US shop which sends in Europe.

About other mods, I have nothing planned for the engine. I'd love to get more torque, but I'm afraid I can't do much on the engine. LPG does make it difficult if not impossible to modify. I have to investigate that field a bit though.

On the exterior, I 'm thinking of rear-view mirrors in black and some new darker headlights. If that's possible, mounting fog lights would be good. Not that I need them often, but... And I'd also love to change my scratched bumpers for new ones and repaint the car (it's an other level of cash, though).

But I think the next move will be to have a Parrot system plugged onto the original stereo. Or any other equivalent system.

38.000km in 15 months so far and loving it!

Last edited by SSM; 07-23-2013 at 01:04 AM..