View Single Post
#20: 07-11-2013, 02:52 PM

Sludgeroo
Title: Rocket Surgeon
Car: 1999 Lesbian Moving Van
Send a private message to Sludgeroo Find all posts by Sludgeroo Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX2Fast View Post
I was under the impression that this car had an orifice tube (which would mean the system would cycle to control the flow of refrigerant) but it does not, it has an expansion valve which controls the flow so the compressor in this type of system is supposed to run all the time.

My guess is, Mr. ASE didn't know why some systems run full-time and why some cycle.

I probably have an issue in the valve, I'll try replacing it and the dryer.

It sucks because I think the valve is located under the dash with the evaporator since I can't see it in-line under the hood. I hope it isn't too much of a pain to get to.

If my system is under-filled (since I can't trust the gauges, according to ASE man) then it seems it would be dangerous to fill it more since I'm already at the max high pressure while the compressor is on. This, again, leads to be suspect an issue in the expansion valve.

Here's how I see it, you asked a question and everyone that has responded to you has tried to help, but haven't found the answer yet.

Maybe you already know the answer since you just answered it.

If I went through ASE certs I would be offended as its a lot of work.

Just went out to my car and switched the a/c on. No fans came on. It has always been this way.