View Single Post
#15: 07-09-2013, 07:06 AM

ZX2Fast
Title: Junior Member
Car: 1997 Lecacy L Wagon. EJ22
Send a private message to ZX2Fast Find all posts by ZX2Fast Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnstrmech View Post
the ONLY reason the a/c compressor is cycling is because its low, plain and simple. Have it PROFESSIONALLY evac/recharged and in wont cycle. Problem solved. NEVER trust the gauges, that doesnt tell you how much refrigerant is in the system.
Not that plain and simple. The system is supposed to cycle. If a properly filled system didn't cycle, it would freeze.

The problem isn't a cycling compressor, it is a cycling fan. When the compressor is running and the fan is running, I get Arctic Circle out of the vents. But, when the compressor first starts to cycle back on, the air gets warmer until the fans get up to speed. Not warm, but warmer. The kind of temp you get from a low system. It every other vehicle I've had contact with, the fans run full-time, even if the compressor is currently cycled-off at the moment.

An overfilled system will show higher than normal pressure on the high side (relative to outside temps) and this car shows the proper pressure on both sides of the system. I have my own gauges (plural, I can read high and low pressure) and 30# cylinder of R-134a. I've been filling a/c systems for years and this is the only Subaru I've done and the only car with cooling fans that don't run the entire time the a/c is on.