View Single Post
#210: 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM

Charged
Title: Junior Member
Car: '05 GRP LGT Limited 5MT
Send a private message to Charged Find all posts by Charged Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
Thought I'd drop by to say C'MON PEOPLE WE CAN MAKE THE THE LONGEST THREAD EVAR!

No wait, not that.

I mean, I just finished 'fixing' my Subie, and wanted thank everyone. I also learned a few things.

First, we need a better explanation of the 'little white switch' hack. The white plastic piece is not *a* switch, it is *the* switch that the seat belt clasp itself moves up and down to tell the car whether the thing is buckled or not. You can't just push it down and close it up, as the next time you buckle up, the pieces will snap back into alignment, and resume working normally.

You can leave the case ajar (as many have discovered) so the pieces never snap together.

Or, as it turns out, you can REMOVE the white piece altogether. Just pop the circuit board out of the case half, and slide the piece right off. It might be possible to snap the piece off the circuit board, but the board is pretty thin and might break. I attached a picture of mine in a suitable state of disrepair.

FYI, I didn't leave it that way, as I knew I'd lose that piece eventually. Instead, I went with the other hack, and pulled the plug under the seat. (White plug with green dot; royal pain as the plug is behind one of the seat motors.)
Just did it this way too. I put the slider in a little ziploc bag and threw it in my glovebox. If I ever sell the car it's 100% reversable with absolutely no damage. Seems like the smartest way to do it...