View Single Post
#13: 05-02-2013, 09:20 AM

rchayes21
Title: Contributor
Car: 2008 2.5i LTD
Send a private message to rchayes21 Find all posts by rchayes21 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjphoto518 View Post
Awesome. thanks for the advice. Do you know how that tire would do as a daily driving tire on not the best roads. I live right near NYC so our roads arn't the best. Thanks.
Well, I've seen on the forums that the 225/40/18 is the most common tire for that size wheel as well. However if you want to get into specific ride quality then you gotta start looking at different brands to find out which one has the least amount of road noise, which one has the best comfort .... Etc. I'll just say that you definitely get what you pay for. Just remember, when you really think about it: your ride quality is going to drop ... Because you're going from a 45 sidewall to a low pro 40 side wall that's slightly stretched. If comfort is a big deal to you and you know you're not gonna drop the car. Then do a 235 or 245 which is a little wider but gives you more comfort. HOWEVER a lot of individuals don't think that much meat between a the 18's and the road look good. I personally would sacrifice a little bit of comfort instead of sacrificing the appearance of the car.

Last edited by rchayes21; 05-02-2013 at 09:23 AM..