View Single Post
#2: 01-22-2006, 11:54 AM

Aczwild
Title: I ar teh ubernoober!
Car: '98 RS Unicorn & '11 PBP STI
Send a private message to Aczwild Find all posts by Aczwild Reply With Quote
6. You have to disconnect the heater control now from the wiring, so you have to release the following harnesses, shown below from the back of the unit

7. Now flip over the unit and remove the following E-type retaining rings. If you accidentally loose them, its ok, I told you above what the sizes were, so you'll have some replacements on hand, I lost these 3 times and had to run out to the Hardware store to get more. The cable will then be able to disconnect from the Control Unit and you can remove it from your car and go inside out of the cold to do the rest of the work.

8. Now when you are inside and warm, unscrew the following two screws from the bottom of the Control Unit and remove the slider knob from the front side. The knob should just jiggle off with a little force, just dont go crazy. After the two screws are removed, undo the two clips infront of where the screws were.

9. Now flip over the Unit and undo the clips. READ THIS AND HEED MY WARNING! THE BACK OF THE CONTROL UNIT WILL ONLY PULL OUT ABOUT A 1/4" DUE TO THE WIRING INSIDE THE CONTROL UNIT. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU PULL THIS OUT AND WHEN IT GETS TO ITS EXTENT, DO NOT REEF ON IT, YOU DONT WANT TO BREAK THIS!!!

Last edited by Aczwild; 01-22-2006 at 12:33 PM..