View Single Post
#2263: 04-27-2013, 09:27 AM

BigBopper
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: '10 LGT , '14 Foz , '96 OB
Send a private message to BigBopper Find all posts by BigBopper Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo03 View Post
Replaced stock dead pedal with Autospeed pedal. Stock pedal is actually plastic despite its looks and was glued to the carpet. Also replaced the foam on the underside with a 3/8" piece of neoprene for firmer feel. Much improved now.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Just replaced mine recently.

Used 3M Epoxy to attach to carpet, along with the two (2) push pins into the bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellesedil View Post
Yeah, my stock dead pedal moves around if I put any actual force on it. Does the new one have any movement to it?
Your problem might be with the support bracket being loose. The two (2) studs that locate the top of the bracket, actually come up through two (2) cut-out notches (not holes in the bracket). The nuts on top of the bracket are composite (not metal) which could be loose.

I could see how if someone used enough force on the dead pedal to reposition themselves in the seat, the bracket may deform and become loose on the top, along with possibly blowing out the lumbar support of the seat at the same time. Not the greatest engineering achievement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	149991   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010017.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	149992