LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like the KYB AGXes (use the 93 Impreza AWD version), with Eibach ProKit Sport Springs. Adjustability front/rear and the EPSS provides a nice 3/4"-1" drop and vastly improved handling. Just remember to cut down the bump stops by about 1/3.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

P/Ns for AGXes

733010 - Right Rear

733011 - Left Rear

734006 - Right Front

734007 - Left Front

2x the price of the Excel-G, but 4x worth it

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...

Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion catback exhaust for 02-07 WRX

would this work on a 1998 legacy L

if not any suggestions as my original exhaust is nearly done

and car could use a new one.

It will not directly bolt on. The mid-pipe and axle-back piping need to be extended a few inches each, and the hangers that are welded to the piping will need to be alter / relocated to meet up with the hangers on the Legacy chassis.

So I got the rear strut bar linked on the first page. It does not adjust more than 1/4 inch either way and is about 1/4 inch short. Any thoughts on how to make it fit? Order sheet confirms its for an 02-06 WRX and I have a 96 Legacy BK6. Whass the deal??

• 2 weeks later...
That's funny, I asked to see if that was the bar I needed and was told only 02-07.

yes,

93-01 Impreza

02-07 WRX

so. . . you're both right.

extending holes in a strut bar completely defeats the purpose, it will fit. you have to alternate tightening sides to keep it centered over the struts the whole time.

Edited by Zues Marine

and whomever put '(superceded)' in the headline of the thread when they closed it a while back SPELLED IT WRONG!

Superseded. if it didnt look like i'd done it i wouldn't care. It is no longer outdated anyway, help me out mods.

So I got frustrated with my knuckle and I'm installing the front swaybar from Kenny's OB. The only problem I have is that the brackets are different. Mine have one bolt and a tab, the new swaybar brackets have two bolts. I think I can fit the old bushings and brackets on the new bar, they'll just be a little tight, but I'm wondering what the 'proper' way to do it is.