View Single Post
#6: 04-01-2013, 07:18 PM

JeepGuy25
Title: Junior Member
Send a private message to JeepGuy25 Find all posts by JeepGuy25 Reply With Quote
Got bored, and thought Ide come back with some thoughts/observations.

I recently picked up another seat for my LGT since mine was pretty worn. New seat is nice...but the mounting points where kind of rusty, as was some of the mechanism, and being anal, I decided I would swap my seat tracks with the new seat. Easier said than done.

But, in the process, I got to know the seat track system pretty good. I snapped a few pictures tonight of the track without the cushion or cover. The seat pan is still attached, mainly because its not easy to take off. And I plan to just remove the cushion and cover from my original tracks and leave the pan in place.

Anyway, there doesnt seem to be much in the way of extending the travel. First, all 4 mount points are unique. You MIGHT be able to lower the mount point on a couple, but I dont think you'd get enough for it to be even remotely worth it. Not to mention you'd have to come up with something new at each corner. They are WAY different from each other. See the pics for some crappy shots. They're also already pretty close to the floor. Except for the back corner, but again, even though you could drop that one, the rest couldnt match it.

Also, as far as extending the range of motion, that doesnt look like its going to happen either. You wont get it to sink down towards the floor any more, or have the front of the seat go up or down more. There are lock collars are on the worm drives and I dont want to even think about trying to move em. Plus you'd get minimal extra.

You MIGHT be able to get the seat to go back more. Probably have to drill some new holes in the lower rails, and adjust some stop positions. Again, you wouldnt get that much, and at that point, you'd really be messing with the seat. Ide be worried about wiring stretching or moving beyond what it was designed to. Amoung other things.

Some pics. Nothing ground breaking, but I had it apart, and thought Ide share my thoughts!

J.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130401_015.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	147032   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130401_016.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	341.4 KB
ID:	147033   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130401_018.jpg