View Single Post
#5: 03-29-2013, 10:38 AM

Berzerklo
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2008 Legacy Spec.B
Send a private message to Berzerklo Find all posts by Berzerklo Reply With Quote
Honestly even if you could find one, you probably don't want a Legacy GT wagon that is sub-$10k. Probably way more problems than you want at this point in your life that price point. A quick AutoTrader search puts most 2005 GT's (first MY of the turbo GT) at $14-15k minimum - and that is for a sedan. The legacy wagons are somewhat rare so they can command a premium. Have you considered an Outback (very similar to a Legacy wagon, just a little more ground clearance)?

You may have better luck with the Impreza/WRX platform at that price point as they have sold wagons since '02 ( I sold my 03 WRX a year ago for ~$8500). Plus the WRX's before 2006 have the 2.0L motors that don't have some of the problems as the 2.5L. If you want something a little different, try to find a 05-06 Saab 92-X as that is a WRX wagon in a Saab skin.

No matter what you end up buying, if you find a turbo Subie do your research and make sure that is has been maintained properly. These cars will treat you well if you treat them well, but if you buy a car that has been abused you can find yourself in a money pit very quickly. The non-turbo cars generally seem to have fewer issues than turbos. Good luck!

Last edited by Berzerklo; 03-29-2013 at 10:40 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Berzerklo For This Useful Post:
adreyna (03-29-2013)