View Single Post
#52: 03-29-2013, 09:08 AM

Sludgeroo
Title: Rocket Surgeon
Car: 1999 Lesbian Moving Van
Send a private message to Sludgeroo Find all posts by Sludgeroo Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by _karu_ View Post
I know this is posted in second gen Legacy forum. I'm curious, however, whether this mod will be beneficial for EJ253 engine of 4th gen Legacy, 2.5i NA?

I'm planning to get my stock plugs replaced. I'm at 60K and I believe the previous owner never replaced it at 30K. I was already thinking of going with stock plugs (FR5AP-11) for simplicity, but, after reading this thread, I was wonder if it would be beneficial to run the plugs OP bought?

Due to the fact this modification just makes an ignition system operate efficiently/better, I believe if you wanted to spend the time it would help.

Now, as far as what results it would bring, not sure if I could tell you. Its sounds as if no one has done this to a 4th gen.

But since it is just a way of getting the ignition system to wake up, it would be beneficial to all cars.

The results may vary on vehicle.

But I would try it if I were you. Mixing some old school electronical trickery, with a slightly newer gen would be very cool.

Keep us posted if you decide to go that route.