View Single Post
#6: 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM

apexi
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: '09 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT
Send a private message to apexi Find all posts by apexi Reply With Quote
The best thing to do is what BarManBean said.

A few years ago I picked up some subaru silicone spray that I use to lubricate my bushings. There isn't a 100% perfect seal between my bushings and front sway bar, there are some small gaps I can see. So I usually attach the small red tube to the spray bottle and try my best to spray inside of those small gaps, hoping that the liquid gets distributed a little better as I drive the car and the bushings flex a bit. My front bushings also appear to be 2 pieces, so I'll usually try to spray inside the gap between the two pieces from below (see attached picture for what I mean). The seal between the rear bushings and sway bar is better, so I basically just spray them down from the side, hoping some liquid works its way between the bar and bushing.

Can you just remove the bracket that holds the bushing to lube the bushing more thoroughly, or do you have to remove the whole sway bar first? I feel dumb asking, but I don't know a whole lot about suspension components.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	subarusilicone.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	146308   Click image for larger version

Name:	frontbushings.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	146313  

Last edited by apexi; 03-26-2013 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: added pic of bushings and added question