View Single Post
#4551: 03-25-2013, 12:05 AM

Nolmers06LGT
Title: Warum? Weil Rennwagen
Car: '06 LGT 5mt sedan; BNR18G :)
Send a private message to Nolmers06LGT Find all posts by Nolmers06LGT Reply With Quote
Test drive went well.. I'll check under the car for oil in the morning.

As far as the PCV valve goes, I had the same realization as SBT yesterday. I'm not going to touch it until I pull the turbo. I don't want to start and not be able to finish, but the turbo should give you plenty of room.

Edit: Test drive to work (not really a test drive, but oh well ) was a success. No oil leaks, and the car feels much smoother. So glad that I finally put the new oil pickup in. For anyone thinking about it, it's really not bad- only a few tough points. Here are some notes on install:
- Loosen the pitch stop before doing anything else- this will help tremendously when lining the motor mounts back up later.
- Make sure you have the proper liquid gasket before starting.
- Single 10mm bolt holds the dipstick tube in on top; The tube is sealed into the pan by means of some sticky o-ring. Little b@stard..
- Lift motor by oil pan, you can remove the jack after flipping the nuts on the motor mounts over (this is brilliant, btw).
- The rear bolts to the pan are a b*tch to get to, but come out pretty easily if you use a universal and an extension.
- Be sure to clean the flanges extremely well, first with a razorblade, then with some scotch-brite.
- You may need to lift the motor a hair more when re-installing; Definitely do a test fit before you apply the new liquid gasket so you don't struggle when the gasket is setting.

Good luck! You could probably do this in under 2 hours, if you have an extra set of hands and some luck. It took me 5hrs, but I had issues removing the dipstick from the pan, and again when trying to line up the motor mounts. When I get home tonight I'll post pics; The OEM pickup was really not in good shape after a close inspection.

Last edited by Nolmers06LGT; 03-25-2013 at 06:24 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nolmers06LGT For This Useful Post:
Turkeylord (03-25-2013)