View Single Post
#4551: 03-25-2013, 01:05 AM

Nolmers06LGT
Title: Warum? Weil Rennwagen
Car: '06 LGT 5mt sedan; 152k; STGslow
Send a private message to Nolmers06LGT Find all posts by Nolmers06LGT
Test drive went well.. I'll check under the car for oil in the morning.

As far as the PCV valve goes, I had the same realization as SBT yesterday. I'm not going to touch it until I pull the turbo. I don't want to start and not be able to finish, but the turbo should give you plenty of room.

Edit: Test drive to work (not really a test drive, but oh well ) was a success. No oil leaks, and the car feels much smoother. So glad that I finally put the new oil pickup in. For anyone thinking about it, it's really not bad- only a few tough points. Here are some notes on install:
- Loosen the pitch stop before doing anything else- this will help tremendously when lining the motor mounts back up later.
- Make sure you have the proper liquid gasket before starting.
- Single 10mm bolt holds the dipstick tube in on top; The tube is sealed into the pan by means of some sticky o-ring. Little b@stard..
- Lift motor by oil pan, you can remove the jack after flipping the nuts on the motor mounts over (this is brilliant, btw).
- The rear bolts to the pan are a b*tch to get to, but come out pretty easily if you use a universal and an extension.
- Be sure to clean the flanges extremely well, first with a razorblade, then with some scotch-brite.
- You may need to lift the motor a hair more when re-installing; Definitely do a test fit before you apply the new liquid gasket so you don't struggle when the gasket is setting.

Good luck! You could probably do this in under 2 hours, if you have an extra set of hands and some luck. It took me 5hrs, but I had issues removing the dipstick from the pan, and again when trying to line up the motor mounts. When I get home tonight I'll post pics; The OEM pickup was really not in good shape after a close inspection.

Last edited by Nolmers06LGT; 03-25-2013 at 07:24 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nolmers06LGT For This Useful Post:
Turkeylord (03-25-2013)