View Single Post
#1952: 03-23-2013, 04:18 PM

UTwrestler22
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: Stage 2 05 OBP LGT sedan
Send a private message to UTwrestler22 Find all posts by UTwrestler22 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMChizad View Post
Why do you want 325-350 and what for? It all really depends. On my ridiculous setup, my turbo came with a crappy wastegate spring that maxed me out at 277 whp. It was fast as sh!t and felt amazing. Prior to this, I had an 18g and on stock injectors and an upgraded fuel pump (along with all other supporting mods) and the new setup was a huge difference.

You need to start small and go from there. Get all you can from the stock turbo and plan from there. I loved the responsiveness from the stock turbo with a lightweight flywheel. Throw a big turbo on there, you might be disappointed with the lack of responsiveness. You'll be the guy saying "You want to race? Let's hit the freeway." Then get your ass kicked by an SRT-4.

Horsepower is just a number and it's not really all that accurate. Dynos were not designed to measure horsepower, but rather show efficiency and what's really going on with those mods.
Yeah i guess i dont have much of a reason to break 300 but i also dont want to push the vf-40 to its max which is 19-20 psi and about 290 tq if im not mistaken?
Not to be a noob but a fuel pump would push more fuel through
h stock injectors? I thought it would be the other way around. I was about to get a legacy that was stock with a 16g turbo thats part of it. It seems like a lot of cars for sale on the forum have new/upgraded turbos with a 16g being a common one so im just seeing how i can work with that.