View Single Post
#35: 03-22-2013, 03:00 PM

mailman
Title: Senior Member
Car: 96 Legacy L Postal, 94 L Postal
Send a private message to mailman Find all posts by mailman Reply With Quote
I decided to send the heads to a different machine shop with a good reputation that can get them done in one day (they aren't as busy as the few local guys) for $212. But the shipping is going to put it at about a week anyway. Shipping cost wasn't enough to make it worth going to the local guy.

In the meantime I'm going to install the water pump while I have everything apart and try to get my 1994 running.

1994 had been sitting for a year or two when I bought it, but with a jump start it fired right up and I drove it around for a bit just for fun. I had to jump it pretty much every time though. If I let it run long enough I could get three or four starts out of it.

It was absolutely filthy so I cleaned a bunch of stuff. In my haste I forgot to disconnect the battery when I took the alternator wires off and it made a pop... I also got a bunch of cleaner in the intake when I was cleaning (it was also filthy).

I have a battery light, check engine light, and power mode light on when I put the jumper cable on it. Tried changing batteries, no luck.

I tried attaching the diagnostic wires, but the CEL just flashed continuously and steadily forever. When I put a 20A fuse in the FWD slot, I was able to get a Throttle Position Sensor code from the CEL.

Any ideas? Did I fry something?