View Single Post
#7: 03-22-2013, 10:10 AM

slushboxgt
Title: Junior Member
Car: (s) Don't go there... ;)
Send a private message to slushboxgt Find all posts by slushboxgt Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by notthesnail View Post
I'm closer to dead on with 225/45, so your speedo isn't like as far off as 3MPH. Compare it to GPS if you have one.
I did compare with my GPS on a recent trip of several hundred miles, spedo was dead on with the stock size, but indicated 70MPH is now really 72~73MPH according to the GPS.
Since the non LGT's run 205's, I was wondering if I there was a simple reprogram that could be done in the ECU to change for the tire size?
I have a Diablosport Predator for one of my other cars, and one of the selectable programing parameters is tire size to correct spedo error with non stock sizes.

Cheers,

Paul

OOPS! Just noticed you are in Ontario. The cops are going nuts here because the province and cities are broke, they will give tickets just fro sneezing these days.
Things are further complicated because I have a US car, so the KPH scale is smaller, the wife already has problems with it, she was unknowingly hooting along at 55MPH in a 50KPH zone the other day, that would be VERY expensive, at 90KPH in a 50KPH you get hit with "Excessive Speeding", massive fines and they seize the car...

Last edited by slushboxgt; 03-22-2013 at 10:31 AM..