View Single Post
#8: 03-22-2013, 01:21 AM

SmackDaddy
Title: -
Car: Beauty & The Beast
Send a private message to SmackDaddy Find all posts by SmackDaddy Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgt07 View Post
I've had 3 different cars that wouldn't pass emissions at the shops but passed using the mobile vans. When you drive past one, take the car out of gear and your foot completely off the gas before you get to it and coast through and past it about 10-15 feet and unless they've made some incredible new advancement in the technology you should be fine.

Might sound stupid but it worked for me on each car the 5+ years I had them but it's worth a shot regardless, as it will have to be done one way or the other.

EDIT:

However, A lot of experienced/knowledgeable guys on here will tell you that having no cat doesn't yield any substantial gains over having a high-flow cat for street driving/moderate HP applications.
That little trick has to take some of the fun out of an on ramp, but may very well be worth it if it saves the effort of a swap. Although the additional cost of high-flow catted is understood, weighing that makes me think a swap every couple years isn't so horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiener2 View Post
I have a proper solution if you are interested.
I'm properly interested.