View Single Post
#1: 03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
twin engine subaru?

Blameless
Title: Member
Car: 2005 LGT
Send a private message to Blameless Find all posts by Blameless Reply With Quote
Wondering if anyone has heard of or seen somewhere a twin engine legacy or impreza? One engine driving the front wheels another behind the driver powering the rear wheels.

Just wondering if it has been done before and also what possible complications you could foresee? I see the linkages to the rear trans axle as one major challenge?

Torque split between front and rear could be managed two ways.

Either a de-tuned front engine producing around 75% power compared to the rear...

Or with a little programming and DIY you could have an accelerometer controlling the computer of the front engine to shift between two states of tune depending on the G forces it is sensing. On a straight under WOT. full power. Sensing lateral G forces? 75% power.

see here for the current center diff control that could be used inh a similar way...
http://dccdpro.com/main/

I don't think this is as crazy or difficult an idea as it seems at first glance... Transmission is the trick but not beyond some R+D. I am already planning! Give me some years and it might Just happen :~)

see pics for a RWD subaru justy that is races here in Christchurch New Zealand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	O52E2665_TCrowe.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	145711  
Attached Images

Sponsored links