View Single Post
#7: 03-20-2013, 02:16 PM

bluesubie
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2004 FXT
Send a private message to bluesubie Find all posts by bluesubie Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooslick View Post
Dennis,

I haven't done the testing in my personal vehicles to really tell how long this stuff lasts. The starting TBN's are in the 5.5-6.5 range, however I suspect that TBN retention is very good. I may have to try the Amsoil 5w-30 Euro Formula in the Audi TT to get some actual test data....

TS
gathermewool over at iwsti and bitog is running the Amsoil 5W-30 Euro in his modified STI. At 6,854 miles, the TBN was 1.4. I believe Polaris/Oil Analyzer's Inc would flag this as a problem. Looks like Dyson may have as well. He also had a slight uptick in wear metals.
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-liter-litre-factory-motor/243834-2008-sti-6854-miles-oci-amsoil-euro-5w-30-a.html

A 5k mile run probably would have looked much better. Can you really have your cake and eat it to? Nah, give me high levels of AW additives!

msilin - If you have a turbo, then M1 0W-40 is a very good choice IMO. Especially the SN verison. Actually, if you email Mobil1 about a recommendation for your application they probably would not recommend ESP.

-Dennis

Last edited by bluesubie; 03-20-2013 at 02:18 PM..