View Single Post
#23: 03-19-2013, 08:09 AM

Turkeylord
Title: Powered by Plumbing
Car: 05 ABP 5MT GT Wagon
Send a private message to Turkeylord Find all posts by Turkeylord Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahr_side View Post
In your position I'd add a clutch, turbo and EL header. 18G or HTA68 would both get you where you want to go, but get a proper custom tune to get the most from the setup.
I'm livin on borrowed torque with the clutch already - I'm sure I'd be looking at slip if I added torques. I'd rather stay with the stock manifolds/x-pipe for now as this will always be a DD. I've heard good things about the 68HTA/ELH/E85 combo though so it is mildly tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTuner View Post
Your IDCs are high, be careful.
Noted. If I do upgrade I'm going to have to keep a close eye on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot4hire View Post
Short shifter, bushings and tranny mount would help of you have not done that already. Stiffer spring to prevent squat. Start with inlet and intake because you will want them with a turbo anyway. A guy on a local forum maxed out his maf with a spt intake with a 20g at 270 something whp.
I've got the short shifter (kartboy), but I should definitely look into bushings. Suspension will probably stay stock as it's a DD and we get some pretty good storms up here. I pulled someone out of a driveway yesterday, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahr_side View Post
It's well understood that the stock intake and MAF are good for around 350whp, and little to nothing will be gained using aftermarket intakes until that point.
Yeah, I'm only hitting ~4.71V MAF so I'm probably fine there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmspecb View Post
You need a bigger turbo with that setup... go 16 or 18g and never look back.
I'm an idiot. I have a BNR Evo3 16G installed already I just forgot to mention it. OP edited.

Thanks guys