View Single Post
#12: 03-16-2013, 05:45 PM

DOHCEJ22E1
Title: Monkey
Car: 1998 Subaru Legacy GT-L powered by EJ22D
Send a private message to DOHCEJ22E1 Find all posts by DOHCEJ22E1 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_thorns View Post
Is the oil pump, alternator, timing components (obviously not the belt), and all the other external drive systems from an EJ25D compatible with an EJ22?
Everything that you have mentioned is perfectly compatible with the EJ22.
There have been some instances where I've seen the same accessories on both engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyfvholla View Post
True. I was speaking along the lines of 2.2/2.5 build. Either way, I'd rather use the 97-99 EJ25D heads. They have a better quench design, you can rev them higher, and they're just as good after some porting. I'm not saying they wouldn't work, I'm just saying the non-HLA head is a better start.
The 96 25D heads are better suited for TQ due to the wider intake ports & the VERY small exhaust ports. The quench chambers are suited prefectly for the 2.5 bore. These heads would be perfect for a smoothly running engine. Smoothness contributes heavily to reliability & response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues Marine View Post
i wouldnt do this, it'll just cause more detonation than anything
I'm running a DOHC EJ22E with 9.4:1 CR.
It isn't even close to detonation but produces more power than the SOHC EJ22E in the midrange while low-end is a little lacking but not as much as before the tune-up with the 0 resistance plugs/wires & maintenance.

Last edited by DOHCEJ22E1; 03-16-2013 at 06:07 PM..