View Single Post
#1: 03-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Help Please - 05 Legacy sputters out around 5 psi after MAF Cleaning???

nvrgnadi
Title: New Member
Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Send a private message to nvrgnadi Find all posts by nvrgnadi Reply With Quote
I recently did some work to my 05 LGT - It has basically been upgraded to an STI level stage 2 most of the mods were installed when I purchased the car and I'm reworking many of them as they were done in a shotty fashion to be nice about it...
anyhow

Uprgades are
-K&N cold air intake
-Perrin exhaust manifold
-Cobb downpipe
-Magnaflow exhaust
-STI intake manifold
-Top Mount STI intercooler
-Brembo Brakess
-Subaru indash tri-gauge pod
-Air/fuel ratio gauge (not sure of the brand, works well though)
-STI injectors
-HID headlight conversion
-Open source tune ith a VF40 stock turbo(modest tune but still upwards of 300hp still fun!

Here's the problem, I recently replaced the passenger side valve cover gasket, in the process i removed the cold-air intake pipe and decided to clean the MAF (w/ carb/brake cleaner which I now know is a bad thing to use) because the car has had some strange cold winter start idle issues lately so I figured it was worth a shot, oops.

Anyhow- I replaced the valve cover gasket, switched from standard oil to synthetic, peeked at the timeing belt, refilled the coolant and got everything back together no problem.

HERE'S THE PROBELM - When I started the car today 12 hrs after the repairs it was running very rich... basically when I would give any throttle the fuel/air meter would slam into the "rich" zone and the engine would sputter.

I shut the car off and when I restarted it it ran/idled just fine like it should, but I couldnt get any more than 5 lbs of boost witout it ging into the sputtering/flooding mode.

Could a MAF sensor be causing this problem?

HELP PlEASE!
Sponsored links