View Single Post
#209: 03-12-2013, 07:31 PM

Dubz
Title: Contributor
Car: 2005 Legacy 2.5i ABP
Send a private message to Dubz Find all posts by Dubz Reply With Quote
1. Me being a noob I thought the replacement bulbs they sell at Walmart and Pepboys were the HIDs since they are blue. The guy told me the bulbs I need that fit my vehicle are H4 bulbs. I brought low and high beams for $88... put them in and was not happy with the results since they were the same color, almost everything as the old bulbs. Took them back and ordered actual HIDs online... and what did I do? I ordered H4 bulb HIDs..... and they of course did not fit at all to my car (since bulb numbers are different than the replacement bulbs at Pepboys)

I reordered the HIDs and got the correct bulbs for it and what happens? The new ones hook up fine and actually work, but the HID backs were too wide to fit into the headlight. So instead of returning them again being furious at not having HIDs, I grinded the plastic backs of the HIDs thin enough so so they fit and now have working HIDs.

2. Sitting in my car for 1/2 an hour trying to see why its not turning over when it wasnt set in park (AT). I learned that Legacies have sensitive shifters and may not be in park even if you put it in the parking slot unless you wiggle it around.

3. Driving around with very little oil in the engine (It reads no oil on the dipstick when sitting for 1/2 hour and when sitting all day it reads low on the dipstick during the winter due to low viscosities?) Thank god it didnt blow and after checking all fluids I added a little tranny oil to the drive train.